PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Re: Need help getting bluetooth to work

Only other thing to try is a hard reset bro....Im not sure why the bluetooth keeps acting up....Like I said, with my Jawbone Icon, if I turn on my phone bluetooth and then my Icon right after (within 30 seconds) it takes forever to connect, but if I turn on my bluetooth for about 3 or 4 minutes then the phone will connect to my Icon right away when I turn it on. Im running a stock rom though....are you running a stock rom as well?

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Yep stock rom and rooted. I'm trying not to hard reset if I don't have to. If I do, I might as well load another rom on it. Thanks for the help though. Was hoping someone else who has experienced the same might chime in, but I guess not.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the Blueant Q2 and have similar problems. My BT pairs and connects perfectly everytime but 2 or 3 times a day, it will drop out and disconnect. It reconnects instantly and has never dropped a call but annoying nonetheless. Also, if I'm sitting, call quality is superb but as soon as I stand (or start moving) is gets all crackly and quality drops like a rock. I followed Blueants instructions on how to fix the problem but it didn't work so I took it to a Sprint service center and they replaced my BT module inside the phone. Well it still doesn't work. So I'm chalking it up to a bad BT headset and purchasing another.

But maybe your problem could lie with the BT module in your phone? Take it to Sprint for them to fix it, and if you have TEP it's free and a 5 minute fix.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dcharleyultra is just getting started
When I have BT issues, I Turn Off BT and turn it back on. Most times I have to select/check/turn on BT twice.

It works then.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You would think that after a few years and many different name brand makers making BT's, BT's would be flawless by now. Simple connect and go ya know?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
You would think that after a few years and many different name brand makers making BT's, BT's would be flawless by now. Simple connect and go ya know?
Yea it would be nice if that were the case. But devices sometimes have issues. Looks like I'm out of luck trying to find an answer here. Guess I'm on my own with this one.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G (06/04/2010)

|Jason8| is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to |Jason8| Send a message via MSN to |Jason8| Send a message via Yahoo to |Jason8|

I'd recommend a factory/hard reset. That will reset all of your bluetooth settings back to stock and it should work. And if it doesn't, it sounds like you've got a bad EVO in your posession. But that's what the MFG warranty is for! Sprint can either fix or replace the unit with a refurbished model. Just remember to un-root before bringing it in!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G