PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Note 3
Carrier: sprint

kasey348 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: Full HDMI Mirroring on the Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I downloaded the kernel but am waiting for others to post their results. I am running an SBC and hate to loose the advantage until I know it is worth it.
is waist of time you can see your home screen but if you want a see a video it looks some green lines and you can see any video don't loose your time
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Full HDMI Mirroring on the Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I downloaded the kernel but am waiting for others to post their results. I am running an SBC and hate to loose the advantage until I know it is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey348 View Post
is waist of time you can see your home screen but if you want a see a video it looks some green lines and you can see any video don't loose your time
Here is another thread on it:
[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI beta discussion - Android Forums

It seems to be working fine for everyone in that thread.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've tried it and it is about a C+ right now. Its only in beta and there is alot of work to be done yet. It worked pretty good with slingbox and I played a couple of games on my big screen, but after about 15 minutes it switched from 720p to 480p and wouldn't show anything but the homescreen. Whenever I tried any apps I just got colored horizontal lines on my screen. After disconnecting my sound wouldn't work on my phone until I rebooted it. The kernel that they are using sucks, it uses up battery like the very first kernels. Also, my gps would activate every 5 minutes which might have been the battery drain. I switched my kernel back to the SBC HTC#15 and my battery life is great again and no wierd gps activation. When this matures I'll try it again but right now it is more of a gimmick than a useful program.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
So flashing an attached kernel doesn't belong in the upgrades forum? Okay, I'll keep that in mind next time.
yes, it is an upgrade, and would belong in the Development forum if YOU created the kernel & supported the thread

Last edited by OMJ; 02-28-2011 at 07:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Moment/Evo 4G

Phase202 is a n00b

the kernel they have is HORRIBLE, but this is beta. Im just happy about the progress. I had my hopes up when i first got the EVO thinking it would be full HDMI mirroring out the box. Man was my bubble popped. Im not having any issues besides the horrible battery life with this beta release. I thought i had a sound problem, until i took it to my friends at geek squad and found out my cable was faulty. Using Rock player lite to play most of my movie files, and at some points the video get choppy...but other than that i get a great 1280x720 show on my TV.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is a new kernel out based on a netarchy SBC. Here it is if your interested. Really helped with the battery drain.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SBC-net-4.2.2-less-havs-v7-FullHDMI.zip (2.92 MB, 141 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Plam Treo Pro

jaypro is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
Would this work with the cyanogen 7 rom?
sorry idenkilla.. it's designed to be compatible with "sense" roms only!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
I've tried it and it is about a C+ right now. Its only in beta and there is alot of work to be done yet. It worked pretty good with slingbox and I played a couple of games on my big screen, but after about 15 minutes it switched from 720p to 480p and wouldn't show anything but the homescreen. Whenever I tried any apps I just got colored horizontal lines on my screen. After disconnecting my sound wouldn't work on my phone until I rebooted it. The kernel that they are using sucks, it uses up battery like the very first kernels. Also, my gps would activate every 5 minutes which might have been the battery drain. I switched my kernel back to the SBC HTC#15 and my battery life is great again and no wierd gps activation. When this matures I'll try it again but right now it is more of a gimmick than a useful program.
cruise350... I was wondering if you actually clicked on the "Stop Service" (in the app) after you were done playing videos... perhaps this would take care of some of these issues.. especially the sound one... give it a try!
Good Luck
Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey348 View Post
kasey348.. don't be so quick to pass rushing judgments... these poor guys work so hard to provide us these wonderful innovations (FREE... and unless you donate?!) ... did you even bother to do some searching and more importantly.. do you realize you might've needed to tweek your tv settings to achieve better results.. please give it a good-hearted attempt.. all the best!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypro View Post
cruise350... I was wondering if you actually clicked on the "Stop Service" (in the app) after you were done playing videos... perhaps this would take care of some of these issues.. especially the sound one... give it a try!
Good Luck
Yes, I did. The service wouldn't stop. I am excited about this too and think with a little more work it is going to be great. I've got the new kernel based on an SBC Net 4.2 kernel installed and my battery usage is good again. I haven't had the time to test it with the new kernel yet but I'm traveling all next week so I'll have plenty of time to play with it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G