PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phew I'm getting great battery life now (light use)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Yeah taking off the back sucks. It won't last. And neither will the Micro USB if you need to use it 3 times a day.

If you are heavy user an extended battery is the only way to go.

I do have charging at work, home and car (when I get some friggin cables that work). But I only use that when I need it.

I used the GPS for like 1.5hrs the other day (with no extra charging) and got through the day fine.

I agree.. It can be a pain... but in the 3 days since my tweaks... I've only replaced the battery with a fresh one once... I don't have paper nails so taking the back off is no sweat... And I'll tell you what... I would rather replace the battery once per day EVERY day than have to soft reset my friggin TP2 4, 5, or more times per day. I have it good now.

The cable situation is ok... I use the cable that came with the phone at home... I use my old TP2 charger in the car but I added one of these to it --->>> Amazon.com: Motorola Mini-USB to Micro-USB Charger Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories

And am getting one of these for my keychain --- >>> Amazon.com: Amzer Handy Converter Mini USB Connector to Micro USB: Cell Phones & Accessories

At work... I use the cable that came with my portable harddrive (passport) It's USB2 and it works great.

I charge my second battery using my old TP2.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I agree.. It can be a pain... but in the 3 days since my tweaks... I've only replaced the battery with a fresh one once... I don't have paper nails so taking the back off is no sweat... And I'll tell you what... I would rather replace the battery once per day EVERY day than have to soft reset my friggin TP2 4, 5, or more times per day. I have it good now.
I rebooted my TP2 once a week or so. Usually only after heavy GPS and making a few calls while navigating. Eventually something would leak that either GPS or Voice Command would stop working. If I didn't use GPS, I'd go weeks without a reboot.

The problem with popping the back off on EVO, isn't the difficultly. It is that it won't hold up over time and will start falling off. Carrying spare batteries, keeping multiple ones charged and popping the back off. What ever floats your boat.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I rebooted my TP2 once a week or so. Usually only after heavy GPS and making a few calls while navigating. Eventually something would leak that either GPS or Voice Command would stop working. If I didn't use GPS, I'd go weeks without a reboot.

The problem with popping the back off on EVO, isn't the difficultly. It is that it won't hold up over time and will start falling off. Carrying spare batteries, keeping multiple ones charged and popping the back off. What ever floats your boat.
Yupp...
Agreed... Whatever works for you is what you should ALWAYS go with. lol.

I used and still do use my GPS just for the heck of it. Maybe that's why I had to restart my phone so friggin often. I seriously wanted to throw it out the window... But the 100 dollar deductible prevented me from doing so. lol. When it worked I loved it... But I finally just grew tired of it.

I have no problem getting a free replacement back for my new EVO if something happened to it. Besides... Like I said... Once in a week is not too bad. I just have it plugged in at work and in my car. Then charge overnight.

p.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

I just downloded an app called "Green Power"...it controls the dataflow, similar to JD...I just installed it, so not sure it works yet, but i'm always game to try something proclaimed to help in the battery area!

I read a couple reviews (pretty scarce- new app?) but i'll run it for a coiple days to see...just an FYI incase you guys have/have not heard about it...if you have heard it is good, or sucks...please chime in
Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

I haven't... But let us know if it works... Did you install it over Juice Defender? Or in stead of? And if instead of... Have you tried JD? (So you can have a point of refference)
Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

babyjordin23 is just getting started

From being on Stock everything!!!...i was having majoring battery problems after updating to 2.2...i have search, i did all the tricks and erything, still no use...So i finally installed Juice Defender and Battery Doctor (tracks percentage and charges the phone up really quick and lets you know if you got a full cycle charge or a normal charge) and every since I installed these 2 apps i went frm 5-6 Hrs Heavy use to 14-16 Hrs Heavy use!..which is greeeeeat for me. I still have twitter syncing, i use google talk so i cant take background data off..right now im on 9.5 hrs with 35% left..which will get me to 12-14hrs today. Like i said, im a heavy user, I tweet, Facebook (internet not the app) send alot of txts and google talk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
It's one of these... But it's an old model... I couldn't find it either... Mine is HUGE... LOL... These are pretty slim...

black and decker usb power supply - Bing

I got one of those too. Its about the size of a brick. Not really what I expected when I ordered it. I'vwe been looking into getting one of thesmaller ones by them or Energizer of of Amazon. Ig to my B&D one off of Daily Steals for $8.00 last month.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
I got one of those too. Its about the size of a brick. Not really what I expected when I ordered it. I'vwe been looking into getting one of thesmaller ones by them or Energizer of of Amazon. Ig to my B&D one off of Daily Steals for $8.00 last month.
I am a backpacker and that may be what i need. Right now I have a hand crank but it takes forever to bump the battery up a couple percent. I pumped 10% in my battery last fall and when I woke up in the morning, I could barely use my hand!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I am a backpacker and that may be what i need. Right now I have a hand crank but it takes forever to bump the battery up a couple percent. I pumped 10% in my battery last fall and when I woke up in the morning, I could barely use my hand!
Check this out:Amazon.com: New Trent Super-pack IMP500 5000mAh External Battery pack for 3G iPad, iPhone 4 4G, iPhone 3G 3GS, iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G), Motorola Droid , HTC Android Phones, Blackberry (curve, bold, tour, storm) Brand new: Electronics
I have been using this with my golf logix program (golf GPS). Awesome little unit. With 5000mAh it could completely recharge your standard battery 3 times.
They can be found on ebay for around $35.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I haven't... But let us know if it works... Did you install it over Juice Defender? Or in stead of? And if instead of... Have you tried JD? (So you can have a point of refference)
I am currently on Myn's rls5. The only thing I have ever used is SetCPU, which I disabled to test this. I also use "Setting Profiles" (also disabled for now) which may help a little because i use the wi-fi setting at home, but this app is mainly for switching off my ringgers etc at work; does work well for that...back on track...I have not used JD, and was going to try it, but I noticed it is in beta, and have read mixed reviews, and it is $5...Thought i would try GP first...I figure for a buck, i would get Green power (yes i bought it to try)....anyway, after about 5 hours of install, of really low use tonight, I have dropped about 10%...not bad I guess, but real world starts tomorrow...let you know what i think in a day or so.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G