PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phew I'm getting great battery life now (light use)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I am currently on Myn's rls5. The only thing I have ever used is SetCPU, which I disabled to test this. I also use "Setting Profiles" (also disabled for now) which may help a little because i use the wi-fi setting at home, but this app is mainly for switching off my ringgers etc at work; does work well for that...back on track...I have not used JD, and was going to try it, but I noticed it is in beta, and have read mixed reviews, and it is $5...Thought i would try GP first...I figure for a buck, i would get Green power (yes i bought it to try)....anyway, after about 5 hours of install, of really low use tonight, I have dropped about 10%...not bad I guess, but real world starts tomorrow...let you know what i think in a day or so.
JD has 3 versions basically: there's a stable version (free), a beta version ( also free, but has the possibility of being less stable hence beta tag) and Ultimate Juice which is the $5 one... try either of the free versions.

Is your market set to only search for paid apps on default? lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
JD has 3 versions basically: there's a stable version (free), a beta version ( also free, but has the possibility of being less stable hence beta tag) and Ultimate Juice which is the $5 one... try either of the free versions.

Is your market set to only search for paid apps on default? lol
Nope...I just like spending money! (JK)...(but i do like to support developers when they put something out

After 1 day of "work"/normal usage, and 11 hours unplugged, my battery is at 50%...so I can definetly see a difference; sounds like JD & UJ do the same thing, with more features...but if Green power continues to work like this, with just the control of data pulling power, I will probably keep using it...tomorrow i will add SetCPU into the mix to see if I have any issues (negative or positive) and report back...I woul think that it should be even better...so hopefully they play nice together
Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Nope...I just like spending money! (JK)...(but i do like to support developers when they put something out

After 1 day of "work"/normal usage, and 11 hours unplugged, my battery is at 50%...so I can definetly see a difference; sounds like JD & UJ do the same thing, with more features...but if Green power continues to work like this, with just the control of data pulling power, I will probably keep using it...tomorrow i will add SetCPU into the mix to see if I have any issues (negative or positive) and report back...I woul think that it should be even better...so hopefully they play nice together
Yeah JD and UJ do alot of the same things as Green, and profile settings, only from one consolidated app. I'm purchasing SetCPU tonight to try out as well... hopefully setting it to underclock while charging ect will only improve the gains i'm seeing.

I can say even after just a day of using Juice Defender/Ultimate Juice I've gotten a massive boost in batt efficiency! I'm happy for every ounce of improvement I can get ahold of and I'm not using any of the batt life SBC kernels yet!
I LOVE being a geek!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:02 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Yeah JD and UJ do alot of the same things as Green, and profile settings, only from one consolidated app. I'm purchasing SetCPU tonight to try out as well... hopefully setting it to underclock while charging ect will only improve the gains i'm seeing.

I can say even after just a day of using Juice Defender/Ultimate Juice I've gotten a massive boost in batt efficiency! I'm happy for every ounce of improvement I can get ahold of and I'm not using any of the batt life SBC kernels yet!
I LOVE being a geek!
Tell me more about the profiles in UJ...can these be set (like the app "Setting Profiles) to control ringers (at work-pre-set times), BT on'off, Home settings -wi-fi, and night times, etc? If so...I may have to ditch them all for it! (SetCPU is different all together because you CAN underclock, which works! so that one stays!)

Yah...geeking is cool
Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Post Master General

Quote:
Tell me more about the profiles in UJ...can these be set (like the app "Setting Profiles) to control ringers (at work-pre-set times), BT on'off, Home settings -wi-fi, and night times, etc? If so...I may have to ditch them all for it! (SetCPU is different all together because you CAN underclock, which works! so that one stays!)

Yah...geeking is cool
I havent looked at the advanced settings yet so I can't tell you if the profiles go into that level of detail. The available profiles are default, aggressive, extreme, customize (using now), and Advanced.

In the customize profile, they mostly seem geared towards scheduling, controling, and event triggering 3g, 4g, wifi, and BT radios as they are the biggest power threat. But even those profiles and settings are very exhaustive and give alot of flexibility of choice.

I'll prolly start messing with advanced tomorrow so I'll let you know. Oh and also JD/UJ have 2 other apps called JuicePlotter which is a free Battery analysis tool, and SeePU which is a free CPU/RAM/Network notification bar tool all together it's a pretty decent bundle of diagnosis apps in addition to the power/data managment.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G