PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO 4G Powermat Wireless Charger Unboxing/Overview Video

^^^^^^ all that drama when it takes .0045 seconds to plug up the charger. 60 bux burned to hack a device to make it work a different way? naah....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok sense no one had actually used one here we go. I bought one and will probable be taking it back here is the skinny. No the cases don't work the new battery door is thicker all around but hard to tell just by looking. The nub at the bottom is removable. So you can leave it on and charge in the car. First day I used it I was tethering wifi so it kept it charged to about 50% maybe a little less. But the next morning the phone was stone cold dead no charge at all I took it off the charger and the phone turned off. So day 2 this morning the phone was under half a charge it was fully charged last night, So this is worse than not being plugged in at all it seems to actually drain the battery faster if the thing isn't charging it. I will give it another try but if I can't resolve this back to best buy for this one.

So to review so far. Cases don't work at all with this.
the nub at the bottom is removable so you can charge in the car.
Doesn't seem to know when the phone starts to discharge so it won't trickle charge so basically overnight you have a near dead phone. Seems to defeat the whole purpose.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I was so excited about this until I saw the special backing that you have to put on it. That little connector thing at the bottom killed it for me.

When are they coming out with the powermats where are you have to do is change the battery?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmithsr View Post
...So day 2 this morning the phone was under half a charge it was fully charged last night, So this is worse than not being plugged in at all it seems to actually drain the battery faster if the thing isn't charging it...

...so basically overnight you have a near dead phone. Seems to defeat the whole purpose.
I'm not having odd battery drainage like you're experiencing... After reading your post, I fully charged my EVO and then left it on the pad for the past 4 hours... just checked the battery level and it's at 96%. So if it doesn't actually turn itself back on to recharge after a certain percentage drop, I assume it will be at around 92% after 8 hours of sleep. That's if I don't factor in the usual quick drop of % points in the upper percentages, otherwise it would be slightly higher. I have a decent amount of apps/widgets that auto-update btw. I'll keep testing, but so far our results vary dramatically. Not sure what's going on there... Are you still experiencing the extreme drain?

Btw, for those wondering, it takes about 2.5-3 hours to charge completely.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They said it is a bad unit to return it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
android, evo 4g, htc, powermat