PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4G Powermat Wireless Charger Unboxing/Overview Video

It's out! And it's so much better than the crap Powermat used to put out. Here's an unboxing and overview video of the Powermat Wireless Charging System for the HTC EVO 4G... YouTube - Powermat Wireless Charger for HTC EVO 4G: Unboxing & Overview

What do you think? Any interest now that it looks a lot like the standard battery door?

Last edited by Clipp; 10-23-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work
Re: EVO 4G Powermat shows up at Best Buy

Don't you still have to put some sort of case on your phone? No Thanks!

Edit: Found a pic.

Last edited by donkeythekidd; 10-15-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

yeah, but i know many who have been waiting for powermat to expand to other devices... and the case is better than the ridiculous universal adapter they were trying to sell... I may try it out, i just don't like that the case has a big powermat logo on it.

Actually, I think some devices get a special back plate, so youre' only changing the back... not sure what the evo is getting.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
Don't you still have to put some sort of case on your phone? No Thanks!

Edit: Found a pic.

woah, where'd you find that? If that's legit, I'm in... no giant logo, no bulky case (just the little part at the bottom)
Old 10-15-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work

It actually doesnt look that bad, but the piece on the bottom is blocking the usb port. How hard is it to remove when I need to charge it in my car? Can that little piece be removed or do I have to take off the whole back and put the original back on?

I did read that they were in the process of developing a battery to use instead of a case, I'm sure that would add big time to the price.

Edit: I believe this Powermat almost-wireless charging solution powers-up the HTC EVO [Accessory Review] | andrew | Androinica is where the picture originally came from. In one of the other pictures there it does look like that little piece covering the usb can be moved without taking off the cover.

Last edited by donkeythekidd; 10-15-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I see these things in the Airport that promise you a quick charge jsut by placing your phone on a mat. I have nevered used it but I never saw where it said you have to have some special case on your phone.

The idea of inducing a potential into your battery gives me the creeps. The increased voltage to compensate hysteresis loss must be pretty great. This field is surrounding the rest of the phone. Until I learn more, I will simply plug in my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: EVO 4G Powermat Wireless Charger Unboxing/Overview Video

added unboxing video to first post... YouTube - Powermat Wireless Charger for HTC EVO 4G: Unboxing & Overview
Soon we'll have batteries that do the same (powermat reportedly will launch them sometime in 2011), but until then, this is hot imo.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Its actually looks pretty nice IMO, the only thing is most people I know use some sort of gel or hard case to protect their phones so this will be useless.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jimmy82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Its actually looks pretty nice IMO, the only thing is most people I know use some sort of gel or hard case to protect their phones so this will be useless.
You figure they would be smart enough to think about that.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Very true! I decided to stop using cases after the tp... especially with the EVO. Makes it ugly and bulky imo and since I trade up at least once a year, not really concerned about potential cosmetic damage. It's been a while since I've dropped my phone on a hard surface, maybe that would give me a rude awakening. Great point though, definitely not for everyone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
android, evo 4g, htc, powermat