PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good work OMJ, success! I have to wait til I get outdoors to see if this works! I personally don't think it will be much of a difference

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2010, 02:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Pri 1.4.0 is here FOR ROOTED USERS

I'm on 2.1, DC 3.2.3, and prefer to end up there except for having the PRI updated. Is that easily doable?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I'm on 2.1, DC 3.2.3, and prefer to end up there except for having the PRI updated. Is that easily doable?
Just follow the simple steps. The version of android shouldnt matter. Restoring Nandroid wont overwrite the new pri with the new one. That was why I was so apprehensive. Everything is perfect.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was part of the whole original thread debacle and while I got 1.4 it was an interesting ride. I did not flash anything. I did do the factory reset but apparently it is not required per this guy. All I can say is you get the update at random, so if you do not get it right away, do it again. I kept ENG, and rooted, and nandroid works great.

Posted by themike1 from XDA:

We have all seen the threads where you do a ##768# Factory Reset after doing a Nandroid Backup and this will initiate Hands Free Activation which ultimately after a couple tries will update your PRI.

Why not cut to the chase and do a ##3282#?

This will allow you to Start the Hands Free Activation Process and update your PRL without forcing you to do a Factory Reset.

I believe I updated mine this way, but am not positive with all the testing I have done.

Steps:

1.Dial ##3282#

2.Enter Edit Mode

3.Enter your MSL

4.Select Data Profile

5.Menu

6.Restore

7.Let Phone Reboot, and Wait and the Hands Free Activation will Start.

8.Repeat until you have 1.40 PRI.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Master Kimosabi

My browser wont let me go to Hulu after resetting and restoring nandroid...
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. Does the MSL go with the phone or my account? I got my MSL a long time ago but I exchanged my phone this week..

Will I have a new MSL I need to call and get?
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. Does the MSL go with the phone or my account? I got my MSL a long time ago but I exchanged my phone this week..

Yes I believe each phone has a separate MSL but its not going to hurt your phone if your try it. Try any of the ## features and enter your MSL. Hopefully I am wrong and yours works
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post

just as playya said....yes, each phone has a unique MSL....just call Sprint, tell them u are doing a reset on the phone & it's asking for a code....if they ask how u are resetting, just tell them....##786#, then reset....they should have no problem giving it to u
Old 08-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Ok...a question here. I rooted my phone back before the 1.47 update. Unrooted so I could get the 1.47 update (Didn't really need root). Never rooted again. Flashed the .3 release of the leaked froyo version. Took it to Sprint and had it updated to the latest .6 release of Froyo and I still have a PRI of 1.34. I tried to do the update listed here (the one without the wipe) but it is not working. Tried 5 times already... still at 1.34.

1.Dial ##3282#

2.Enter Edit Mode

3.Enter your MSL

4.Select Data Profile

5.Menu

6.Restore

7.Let Phone Reboot, and Wait and the Hands Free Activation will Start.

8.Repeat until you have 1.40 PRI.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

I'm curious how is this supposed to work. I mean are we supposed to get better download speed are better reception coverage. I seen some people saying better download speeds then I see other people saying better reception. Why does PRI 1.4.0 do that. Sorry I'm just curious as to why everybody wanted this update it has to be good. thank you

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G