PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Question Im new Im new I dont know what to do

Brand spanking new android user here. The only thing I have done so far is setup voicemail download Google goggles speed test and Google earth. What else should I do?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work
Re: Im new Im new I dont know what to do

And you really needed to create a brand new thread to ask this redundant question???
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evo View Post
And you really needed to create a brand new thread to ask this redundant question???
some doctor, wont even help or link the guy.

op, what are you wanting to do? i would dl a task killer first off.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Don't mean to be redundant... just need help. I helped tp2 users all the time. Now I am simply looking for a little in return. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Don't mean to be redundant... just need help. I helped tp2 users all the time. Now I am simply looking for a little in return. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
your good bro, heres a good link for starting.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122033
Old 06-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post

Thanks man... well for starters I'm confused. I have no idea how to tell if the SD card fix has been updated on my phone. Also I tried reading the root instructions but I'm too new and didn't understand the instructions.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:25 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Thanks man... well for starters I'm confused. I have no idea how to tell if the SD card fix has been updated on my phone. Also I tried reading the root instructions but I'm too new and didn't understand the instructions.
heres the one i wanted, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122153
Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would check and see if the card is formatted as FAT32. You can do this by plugging into your computer and selecting to use it as a USB drive, then looking at the properties from Windows Explorer. If it is only listed as FAT, copy everything over to a new directory on the computer, have the phone format the card, and copy everything back
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I would check and see if the card is formatted as FAT32. You can do this by plugging into your computer and selecting to use it as a USB drive, then looking at the properties from Windows Explorer. If it is only listed as FAT, copy everything over to a new directory on the computer, have the phone format the card, and copy everything back
before i got my phone i took my pics off of my old sd card (class 6 8gb i used in my tp2) and totally formatted it in fat32... it also gave me the option to choose cluster? i think size... i left it like it was. is that ok

Also, i got the msg asking me to update the phone a few mins ago i pushed cancel so that i can root it. Is that the right thing? Part of the reason i started this thread is because i have read 100's of post on here xda and twitter some people are saying different things about this or that so i'm really trying to get some answers...
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post

which one do you recommend?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
android, evo 4g