PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: Im new Im new I dont know what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho View Post
i would like to know how I can transfer ms word docs... I cant even get the phone to mount on my pc..
I feel helpless dude. If your question was tp2 related I could help you. LOL
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
i would like to know how I can transfer ms word docs... I cant even get the phone to mount on my pc..
I hope I am understanding your post correctly...

When you plug in the phone to a pc, via the usb cable, you should get a notification of what you want to do: charge only, sync, tether (I think), and device drive (it may say transfer files, not really sure). If you select the option for device drive, you can see it in your list of drives on your computer. Just drag and drop the files on the phone, and you can open your word docs in quickoffice, which is installed on the evo.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Ok, so we all know I'm new to android... I'm having some problems with my phone and I'm wondering if this normal for android phones or if I just got a bad one. First off, I am rooted and have never installed any ota updates (running the supersonic rom)
Problem 1. Sometimes txt msgs dont come in for a few hours.
Problem 2. Sometimes I send people txt and they never get it.
Problem 3. My hotmail works fine sometimes and other times it wont download to my phone unless I do it manually. (its set to dl every 10 mins)
Problem 4. Sometimes when my hotmail does DL it does so without the notification sound i set up.
Problem 5. My gmail has the same problems has my hotmail but its far rarer.

Are these normal android tendencies? Or, is mine just a bad one?... Or, does it have to do with the rooted supersonic rom I'm using.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

Lacrosse is just getting started

In defense of root, I rooted 5 minutes after i took the phone out of the box because whether I was gonna flash a new rom or not (am pretty happy with the stock rom for now) I wanted the infrastructure wifi tether so i can use my zuneHD / zunepass on the go. More importantly though, titanium backup, which does a backup of all your apps and system settings, requires root, and i just feel safer with a full backup of all my stuff. Its really not too difficult to do, a little harder than running an nbh and clicking a few buttons, but definately doable for most people if they go step by step and follow the tutorials to the letter.

I came from a TP2, was a flash junkie but like you, not HAVING to flash in search of a smoother experience has definately lowered my blood pressure quite a bit.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

Lacrosse is just getting started

Quote:
I haven't tried to get in to the phone's intenal memory myself using my computer, like you could when using activesync, but if you're connected and you don't remember if you chose charge only or some other connection method, you can always slide down the notification bar and it should tell you what mode its in.

If its in charge only, click the charge only notification and you'll be able to change it to disk drive, click ok and after a little bit (it might need to install the driver and unmount the SD card from the phone) and then pop up in windows like a flash drive.

Since the Evo didn't include any CDs (and i didn't bother to look at the manual to see if they send you anywhere to DL stuff) HTC Sync download is on HTC's website under Support > Downloads
Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

for the past couple of days whenever i try to connect my evo to my pc to move pics, vids or any kind of file my pc locks up and says not responding. I'm running windows 7 64bit w/ 8bg ram... is this an issue with my pc, the phone or my sd card?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

If i use the new unrevoked to root my evo will I be able to flash an updated radio? Is there any plus side to using the harder root?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
android, evo 4g