PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

gramkn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anybody else's EVO rebooted by itself lately?

Ok, The first time I wasn't too worried. I was browsing the web and my phone just blacked out, stayed off for 30 seconds or so, then started back up by itself. Then the htc evo screen came on and stayed on for longer than usual ( maybe 30 secs.) Then the 4g screen came on and did the same thing. After that, the phone came on as if I had powered off completely.
Well it just did the same thing again. Except this time the htc evo screen and 4g screen stayed on even longer( at least a minute for each.) This time I was reading an email.
My phone is not rooted, I have not accepted any updates, as I intend to root once I've figured out exactly what I want, so I have the original 1.35 software. Sorry to be so long-winded, just wondering if anybody else has experienced this or knows what might be happening. THANKS!!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Has anybody else's EVO rebooted by itself lately?

Before I was rooted mine did do that too. I have no idea why. Hasnt happened since stock though. Im sure there isnt a correlation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor

i got the same problem while brosing the web specially watching flash videos.. then i root it n it was the same problem .. so i just replaced it for a new one n im good no more reboots by itself. idk wat was the problem ...

Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo...SNAPPYDRAGON: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

That's interesting that this was just brought up...I myself am rooted and I had my first reset this morning. Hasn't happened again since. Don't even know why. I just checked to see what time it was.

Give some
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mines been doin that lately when I'm browsing the web
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

nomaxtech is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nomaxtech

Mine's been doing it for a few days now. It happens sometimes while it's in the pouch on my side but it happens mostly when I open Google Maps, the camera, or the gallery.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

mines doing it to im running cm nightlies so i assumed that was the problem lol

Old 09-18-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

There are a ton of threads about this already, it's happening to the masses..!!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I haven't suffered this malady, but I'm convinced that software upgrades that are ill-suited for the Evo are the cause of most problems. Combine that with the tens of thousand of apps, and millions of possible combinations, and lack of real quality control, and we shouldn't be surprised. Qik messed me up real good for a while, with the Home Page chooser issue, and I did the wrong thing, and messed up my phone real good for a period of hours of intense counter-measures that were wrong. That really isn't how I want to spend my life, and why I left WM. That's why I'm being even slower than before about upgrading anything, once things are working good. It's not worth the hassle, but perhaps if I was living in my parent's basement..........

J/k lol
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

I did have the same thing happen 3 times the other day but i just got rid of the new apps i had downloaded (all random junk apps anyways) and that seemed to fix the problem.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G