PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte
Carrier: Sprint

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pri 1.4.0 is here FOR ROOTED USERS

I did a nandroid restore of a backup i made yesterday, and I just out of curiosity was going to check what kernel I was using and saw that the PRL version DROPPED to 60662... strange......When you do the ##DATA# and edit mode and a restore for DATA, does it drop you to the 60662 prl?
Old 08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Mule is a n00b

okay

##786# finally worked for me

I'm using Netarchy 1.0 with 4.03a Kernel
Had to update the kernal from 378 then it took 5 tries with 786 before it took
used Nand backup

Thanks all for instructions

Mule

location - southwest Louisiana

Last edited by Mule; 08-13-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
sweet, so sprint wouldn't give me my code, cdma workshop demo version was expired by time i got it open, and the full price is only a fat bill. any other ideas?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G
Threadstarter

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
sweet, so sprint wouldn't give me my code, cdma workshop demo version was expired by time i got it open, and the full price is only a fat bill. any other ideas?
You need to get tech support on the line. Tell them you want to reset your phone and need the msl to do it or that you want to initiate the hands free activations without wiping the data or to just give it to you Make sure it tech support though other customer care reps don't know how to get it.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i have a family friend that works for sprint as a sells rep in a true sprint store. I'm going to give her a call and see if she will access my account while she is at work and tell me. I did the whole *2 and selected for tech and got someone who ended up not being tech support, she transfered my call and the tech disconected call as soon as they answered. I had to come up with a story to first person telling them I was in a slow to no service area and was always roaming so the new ota 2.2 wouldn't update and wanted to do a manual reset on phone. She asked for details as she said she wouldn't just give me the code. If my inside source can't help I will try tech support again.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

finally worked for me after 20+ tries. ping times went from 200ms to 125ms on same test server. no real speed bump.

location - joliet, IL

as for msl... the chick who checks your bill can give you the msl. if she says she cant ask her to call a supervisor over so you can get her the training she needs to retrieve it for you

^
Old 08-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
This is what I used
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...45#post6607745
Old 08-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just say you were given it already and you want it for your records. That's what I said. She said as long as I was given it before its ok

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Use to be TP , now its E-V-O

jacker is keeping up the good workjacker is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jacker

Worked for me. finally.

I had to use netarchy stock rooted rom to do it and I couldn't get it to work without doing the wiping (reset).

Even doing that it took a whole 2 times for it to stick. "Oh , the humanity!"

Just nand'd back to my avav5. I humbly suggest to all wanting it to work nand backup your current rom and flash this rom http://www612.megaupload.com/files/0...chy-signed.zip and then use the reset method.

Cheers to everyone on a Sat morning !
Old 08-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ProjectChaosX is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Pri 1.4.0 is here FOR ROOTED USERS

Anyone here from the NY region able to get back to PRI 140. I tried a couple of times with no luck yet.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G