PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: leaked Froyo update fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I would be nice is someone could get thier hands on it but Im loving my leaked version so I don't think I would update it.

CW
Not Rooted? shame shame

Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
Not Rooted? shame shame
didnt have a choice.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its not an update its a .6 ruu they wipe your handset
Old 08-05-2010, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I wish Sprint\HTC would get the memo. We don't want all the crap they put in their image!!! Why not release a bare-bones OS, along with a separate file(s) with all the crapaware. Those that want it can add it and leave the rest of us alone.

Remember, we are the customer. I have spent everyday of the last 20 years of my life giving the customer what they wanted. I am a software designer, presenyly at UPS. I don't have the luxury of telling my client, you have to install what I give you.

Remember, we pay for their salaries through our phone purchases and plan contracts.

As a matter of fact, they should openly allow us to control what level of access we desire. Just like your PC OS. If you want admin access, it is your phone. If the carriers needs security, let them figure out how to do it server side.

Imagine if you opened you box for Windows or Linux and phone that you were restricted to User rights ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER!!

We need to be loud. Let my operating system go!!!
I'll tell you, the first phone to open up, will pull a lot of customers from the others.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Here's an email I just got from HTC after sending an email asking for more information (after telling them that the Sprint stores in my area didn't know anything about an update). He seems to be some higher up, so who knows.. for what its worth though it seems they're going to release an OTA fix..

---

I am sorry that you the build which you loaded on your EVO was an official release offered by HTC, it was not. This build was found on a server that was left open by accident was never meant for distribution outside of HTC. While the build is functional, a later version has been developed to address issues found.

Someone outside of HTC found this build and informed others that it existed. The forums picked up on this and publicized it. Once HTC found out access to the build existed, we pulled access to this build within an hour.

Our initial plan to remedy the issue was to have anyone who downloaded this build go to a Sprint Authorized Center so that they EVO could be returned to its shipped state and then be eligible for the FOTA update that will be available. Unfortunately, HTC and Sprint were not as coordinated as we should have been and some Sprint centers were unaware of the plan.

The good news is that we have developed a new FOTA release that we are testing now. This release will allow the build you have to be updated to the official release.. We hope to have testing completed soon and you will be able to receive the official FOTA update for your EVO. Until that time you should be able to use your EVO.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I wish Sprint\HTC would get the memo. We don't want all the crap they put in their image!!! Why not release a bare-bones OS, along with a separate file(s) with all the crapaware. Those that want it can add it and leave the rest of us alone.

Remember, we are the customer. I have spent everyday of the last 20 years of my life giving the customer what they wanted. I am a software designer, presenyly at UPS. I don't have the luxury of telling my client, you have to install what I give you.

Remember, we pay for their salaries through our phone purchases and plan contracts.

As a matter of fact, they should openly allow us to control what level of access we desire. Just like your PC OS. If you want admin access, it is your phone. If the carriers needs security, let them figure out how to do it server side.

Imagine if you opened you box for Windows or Linux and phone that you were restricted to User rights ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER!!

We need to be loud. Let my operating system go!!!
I'll tell you, the first phone to open up, will pull a lot of customers from the others.
I agree with what you are saying but you also have to understand that all that crapware brings them additional revenues as well, they are a business that is trying to maximize profits as well as differentiate themselves from the compitition. Also remember that our community probably accounts for less than 1% of total sales of these phones so whats the point of ignoring 99% of the customers just to make the 1% happy?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

npaulseth is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I agree with what you are saying but you also have to understand that all that crapware brings them additional revenues as well, they are a business that is trying to maximize profits as well as differentiate themselves from the compitition. Also remember that our community probably accounts for less than 1% of total sales of these phones so whats the point of ignoring 99% of the customers just to make the 1% happy?
You hit the nail on the head. 50% of the people that own that phone couldn't even turn on wifi if Sprint didn't create a widget for it.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

kend01 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up NEW - Sprint .6 Update Leaked

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9AI5RM9

This is the FULL .6 update for those who installed the .3 leaked version and don't have rooted phones. It'll take you up to the .6 version. I jsut tested it and it's working great.

Last edited by kend01; 08-06-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: More Information
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: NEW - Sprint .6 Update Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kend01 View Post
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9AI5RM9

This is the FULL .6 update for those who installed the .3 leaked version and don't have rooted phones. It'll take you up to the .6 version. I jsut tested it and it's working great.
I was just about to post this but I wanted to make sure it worked before I made an ass of myself, well it works great. Its an exe so just download, plug phone to pc and click away.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Re: NEW - Sprint .6 Update Leaked

Same here saw it earlier over at xda, wanted to test it out first.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G