View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
themuffinman
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: leaked Froyo update fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I wish Sprint\HTC would get the memo. We don't want all the crap they put in their image!!! Why not release a bare-bones OS, along with a separate file(s) with all the crapaware. Those that want it can add it and leave the rest of us alone.

Remember, we are the customer. I have spent everyday of the last 20 years of my life giving the customer what they wanted. I am a software designer, presenyly at UPS. I don't have the luxury of telling my client, you have to install what I give you.

Remember, we pay for their salaries through our phone purchases and plan contracts.

As a matter of fact, they should openly allow us to control what level of access we desire. Just like your PC OS. If you want admin access, it is your phone. If the carriers needs security, let them figure out how to do it server side.

Imagine if you opened you box for Windows or Linux and phone that you were restricted to User rights ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER!!

We need to be loud. Let my operating system go!!!
I'll tell you, the first phone to open up, will pull a lot of customers from the others.
I agree with what you are saying but you also have to understand that all that crapware brings them additional revenues as well, they are a business that is trying to maximize profits as well as differentiate themselves from the compitition. Also remember that our community probably accounts for less than 1% of total sales of these phones so whats the point of ignoring 99% of the customers just to make the 1% happy?