View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
boxermansr
PPCGeeks Regular

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: leaked Froyo update fix.

Here's an email I just got from HTC after sending an email asking for more information (after telling them that the Sprint stores in my area didn't know anything about an update). He seems to be some higher up, so who knows.. for what its worth though it seems they're going to release an OTA fix..

---

I am sorry that you the build which you loaded on your EVO was an official release offered by HTC, it was not. This build was found on a server that was left open by accident was never meant for distribution outside of HTC. While the build is functional, a later version has been developed to address issues found.

Someone outside of HTC found this build and informed others that it existed. The forums picked up on this and publicized it. Once HTC found out access to the build existed, we pulled access to this build within an hour.

Our initial plan to remedy the issue was to have anyone who downloaded this build go to a Sprint Authorized Center so that they EVO could be returned to its shipped state and then be eligible for the FOTA update that will be available. Unfortunately, HTC and Sprint were not as coordinated as we should have been and some Sprint centers were unaware of the plan.

The good news is that we have developed a new FOTA release that we are testing now. This release will allow the build you have to be updated to the official release.. We hope to have testing completed soon and you will be able to receive the official FOTA update for your EVO. Until that time you should be able to use your EVO.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.