PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.2 May Not Come Till December

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstansell View Post
I thought that Gingerbread is suppose to be released sometime around the 4th quarter of this year?
It may be released then but it will be a while before its on our Evos
Old 07-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Gingerbread in December is closer to reality... but I wouldn't count on it. As for comparing WinMo 6.5 timelines with Android... forget about it. Apples and oranges. The two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence other than to say that Android is everything we wanted WinMo to be and MUCH MUCH more.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Gingerbread in December is closer to reality... but I wouldn't count on it. As for comparing WinMo 6.5 timelines with Android... forget about it. Apples and oranges. The two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence other than to say that Android is everything we wanted WinMo to be and MUCH MUCH more.
Sorry, just that the EVO is an htc device on the Sprint network and so was the TP2.

Last edited by fuzzy26; 07-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Oh now come on Windows Mobile was great, even the best mobile OS on the market, years ago that is. It was great but the mistake Microsoft made was after a few years they pretty much stopped making changes, all they did was just release the same old thing with just a slightly fresher look.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Agreed.

I find it troubling that a single developer at xda has managed to get Sense almost fully working (except camera and MMS) with Froyo in a little less than a week while HTC and Sprint need 5 months to get this combination out to the public...? Granted, Sprint and HTC will want to do a lot of testing before releasing an official update, December is still ridiculous.
+1 No Doubt XDA will have it fully functional in probably a month or less. Maybe thats what HTC is waiting for. Let XDA do the work for them.

Droidrox39
Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

brownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yup, Its rumored that Gingerbread "supposed" to be making its way to phones December time frame maybe early Jan. But add sense to that and thats what, another 6 months. I myself am relying on the hard working devs that gets it done in half the time and usually with better results....
Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

wbchristmas is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
+1 No Doubt XDA will have it fully functional in probably a month or less. Maybe thats what HTC is waiting for. Let XDA do the work for them.
I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw this thread popup.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster94 View Post
Oh now come on Windows Mobile was great, even the best mobile OS on the market, years ago that is. It was great but the mistake Microsoft made was after a few years they pretty much stopped making changes, all they did was just release the same old thing with just a slightly fresher look.
I think MS did the absolute bare minimum to stay in the market. They are getting killed right now (mobile division). I don't know whose idea it was to basically stop selling Windows Mobile devices while Apple and Android stomp them into the ground but they should be fired. If you think about it by the time WP7 arrives most people will be locked in to 2 year contracts. They wont be able to buy new devices.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

I don't think that I could ever go back to WM. Once you go Android you don't go back.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I think MS did the absolute bare minimum to stay in the market. They are getting killed right now (mobile division). I don't know whose idea it was to basically stop selling Windows Mobile devices while Apple and Android stomp them into the ground but they should be fired. If you think about it by the time WP7 arrives most people will be locked in to 2 year contracts. They wont be able to buy new devices.
Dead-on!! Nor will they even want to. And I'm sorry, but WinMo was only good in the RARE event that I got my hands on a custom rom that had minimal lock-ups! The fact was, that WinMo NEVER worked will with my exchange push services. Lockups were quite frequent so long as I was using that. I used to be an MS fanboy, but sorry... no longer. They had my dedication for far too long. The ONLY reason they had it is because I refused to be imprisoned by iPhone.

Android is the only phone I have owned that has made my iPhone friends consider switching... that is saying a lot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G