PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.2 May Not Come Till December

Ok so I was just reading this article and it said that "Android 2.2 Froyo will be arriving on the HTC Droid Incredible, the HTC Wildfire, and the HTC EVO 4G by Christmas of 2010"

That was an official statement from HTC. They said that issue was that Sense wasn't playing nice with it (which we have known)

So, what do you think this means for us Evo owners? Knowing Sprint I wouldn't be surprised if it took that long for an update.

I do however wonder what the trouble is with Sense on 2.2 since the awesome devs at xda just came out with a 2.2 port with Sense included and are probably just days away from a fully functional port now that the source is out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work
Re: 2.2 May Not Come Till December

Well, it was a while until we got an official release of WM 6.5 so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

seems about right

edit: by then ill prob have another phone lol
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

That article has nothing to do with the reality of the EVO. It is a generic statement which discusses a group of phones. The EVO has its own schedule. And the release will come sooner than you think.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
That article has nothing to do with the reality of the EVO. It is a generic statement which discusses a group of phones. The EVO has its own schedule. And the release will come sooner than you think.
I was thinking the same exact thing, figured I would post it here to see what you all thought, its not like anything is set in stone.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy26 View Post
Well, it was a while until we got an official release of WM 6.5 so I wouldn't be surprised.
True but I really think that sprint and htc wont waste anytime on trying to get froyo on the evo because this time next year its going to be all about gingerbread.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Agreed.

I find it troubling that a single developer at xda has managed to get Sense almost fully working (except camera and MMS) with Froyo in a little less than a week while HTC and Sprint need 5 months to get this combination out to the public...? Granted, Sprint and HTC will want to do a lot of testing before releasing an official update, December is still ridiculous.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Agreed.

I find it troubling that a single developer at xda has managed to get Sense almost fully working (except camera and MMS) with Froyo in a little less than a week while HTC and Sprint need 5 months to get this combination out to the public...? Granted, Sprint and HTC will want to do a lot of testing before releasing an official update, December is still ridiculous.
Personally I think it will come out for the Evo before December. But like you said since an xda dev was able to do it in a few days (do keep in mind however that he did use a lot of the fixes and whatnot that he used for the EVOlution port that he has been working on for about a month) then why can't Sprint and HTC come out with the update within the next few weeks?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Agreed.

+1 The real guys in the trenches are the ones who get the job done. They don't have a leash nor are they caged up in a cubicle... IMO Much respect to those guys and gals.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jmstansell is a n00b

I thought that Gingerbread is suppose to be released sometime around the 4th quarter of this year?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G