PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who really has an Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
I find it odd how on the hottest phone of the summer is sold out everywhere an its taking them forever to get more of them out.. They really need to hurry an get the phone in stock before the Droid X an IP4 drop or some people may get tired of waiting for the EVO an jump ship to Verizon ot Apple... An to your comment about who cares.. clearly a lot of people who have Sprint cares because were tired of being laughed at when we try to get into a phone war with IPHONE users or Verizon users cuz we have crappy phones...I would like to walk around Cali an run into a lot of EVO people that just means more Qik and Fring Video chatters... Makes me feel good that i can see someone else with my phone an think thats a smart person there!
You act like iPhone 4 and the Droid X will be widely available LOL. They will be on backorder just as the Evo and Incredible are.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Why keep that many in stock and overbuild......the phone is already old as soon as lit left the shelf...they will be having many new phones on the horizon....2ghz and also WP7.....everybody always wants the newest...watch and see....the hype is now for the Evo and Iphone but it will die out along with everything else that is released to the gen pop...by keeping peeps waiting actually gains more sales in the long run....believe me they do this shit on purpose...

Last edited by flyers2114; 06-23-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started

I have one, another person I know has one, I walked by someone talking on one and when I went to pick mines up, the store had at least 6 people in it for one and it was 7:30am.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA

I live in nashville and they are everywhere I was in the car dealership and everyone had on everybody I know either has one or getting one and I see them everywhere
Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
You act like iPhone 4 and the Droid X will be widely available LOL. They will be on backorder just as the Evo and Incredible are.
The difference is its pretty much guaranteed that the iphone will have at least 600,000 units available day one. And it wont take them a whole month to get more of them. Even if most of them go to pre-order thats still a TON of phones. Regardless of all the suspected numbers I honestly dont think the evo did more than 200,000 units.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Why keep that many in stock and overbuild......the phone is already old as soon as lit left the shelf...they will be having many new phones on the horizon....2ghz and also WP7.....everybody always wants the newest...watch and see....the hype is now for the Evo and Iphone but it will die out along with everything else that is released to the gen pop...by keeping peeps waiting actually gains more sales in the long run....believe me they do this shit on purpose...
Thats the WHOLE POINT... sell as many as you can WHILE you can. Why short yourself and let the hype die out unnecessarily fast when there could have easily been another 100K sold?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work

When I picked mine up I was number 31 at 9 o'clock in the morning. And people were continually coming in after me. If you want to know how many people in your area has one, just go to the qik website and type in your city. Almost everyone that has one has already unknowingly uploaded a video.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

The only people i've seen with EVOs are the ones i was waiting in line with at the Sprint Store lol
Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

I'm in Brooklyn and I don't see this phone anywhere...my friend has one and the dentist I work for has one....but that's about it......haven't randomly seen one anywhere.....
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
The difference is its pretty much guaranteed that the iphone will have at least 600,000 units available day one. And it wont take them a whole month to get more of them. Even if most of them go to pre-order thats still a TON of phones. Regardless of all the suspected numbers I honestly don't think the evo did more than 200,000 units.
Here's my view of the whole situation. First off, The Evo has not been completely sold out since the Launch day, Sprint has received additional shipments since the launch day. It just so happens that they keep selling out once they come in. So you can't say that it's been back ordered for almost a month cause that's just not true. Secondly it's nice to compare the EVO vs. the iPhone but to me nothing will ever have a fair chance against the iPhone because the iPhone is the only phone that uses the iOS, as compared to Android being on a lot of different devices. Now if there was one and only one Android phone I bet it would probably sell a lot more units. But since there are a bunch of Android phones people buy different types. Compare the total number of all Android phone sold to the number of iPhones sold rather than comparing one specific Android phone like the EVO. And not to mention the way consumers buy things is usually by hype and hype is created off of what people know. Take a music artist who comes out with their first CD it's ends up selling 500,000 but the buzz really comes with the anticipation for their second album although no one has heard it at all they will probably go platinum in sales (1,000,000) just because of what people expect or think it's gonna sound like. Same thing with the iPhone, it's already out so everytime a new one comes out it's gonna sell a lot. The EVO being new had buzz but there was also a lot of unknown people saying ohh I'll wait and this and that.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G