View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM
antjones21
Regular 'Geeker

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Re: Who really has an Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
The difference is its pretty much guaranteed that the iphone will have at least 600,000 units available day one. And it wont take them a whole month to get more of them. Even if most of them go to pre-order thats still a TON of phones. Regardless of all the suspected numbers I honestly don't think the evo did more than 200,000 units.
Here's my view of the whole situation. First off, The Evo has not been completely sold out since the Launch day, Sprint has received additional shipments since the launch day. It just so happens that they keep selling out once they come in. So you can't say that it's been back ordered for almost a month cause that's just not true. Secondly it's nice to compare the EVO vs. the iPhone but to me nothing will ever have a fair chance against the iPhone because the iPhone is the only phone that uses the iOS, as compared to Android being on a lot of different devices. Now if there was one and only one Android phone I bet it would probably sell a lot more units. But since there are a bunch of Android phones people buy different types. Compare the total number of all Android phone sold to the number of iPhones sold rather than comparing one specific Android phone like the EVO. And not to mention the way consumers buy things is usually by hype and hype is created off of what people know. Take a music artist who comes out with their first CD it's ends up selling 500,000 but the buzz really comes with the anticipation for their second album although no one has heard it at all they will probably go platinum in sales (1,000,000) just because of what people expect or think it's gonna sound like. Same thing with the iPhone, it's already out so everytime a new one comes out it's gonna sell a lot. The EVO being new had buzz but there was also a lot of unknown people saying ohh I'll wait and this and that.