PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Two versions of Evos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbai2 View Post
I noticed this on release day and I have both versions. The only differences are that 0002 fades it's backlight when dimming the display and it looks like the FPS is capped at 30 while 0003 caps at 28. Absolutely no difference in build quality. Battery life is the same. Stability is the same. Everything else is identical. Both have the grounding issue which really isn't a problem. Sorry to burst your bubble for those of you who thought 0002 was superior.
how can u get the fps count?
Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
Actually MBai2.....since you have both versions. (There was another user as well...so it applies to them as well)

Can you check if the battery door seems the same.

I'm asking because I noticed on some of the 0002 builds, the right side of the battery tends to pop up a little bit. So I was wondering if some of the 0003 builds were like that as well.
Yea. The 0002 had a battery door deformity too. Forgot about that. Good call.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
lol....sparkly/metallic whatever you want to call it. lol

I should have used metallic. But anyway, first post updated with pics!
are you sure the different battery doors aren't just random and not specific to hardware version number? take a look at the pic of mine below... wouldn't you say that looks like the sparkly one? i have 0003 btw. the one u posted of 003 looks more like a matte finish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evo2.jpg (320.0 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Mine is .002, newer battery, and my battery life SUCKS! Even with a hard rest, skipping the setup of everything (no mail accounts, no social networking, all defaults, my battery is dropping 10% every 30mins while just browsing around thru the OS. I think my battery is jacked up or something.... When the screen goes off it holds the battery with almost "no" discharge. It's driving me nuts..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Version 003 with no issues here. 15+ hours of battery life.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

I am running 003.

I have had no problems with the 4 LEDs staying on, battery life is fairly good at about 10 hours (same as my TP2, I go to a lot of non-sprint covered areas) so far i have no complaints.

Although, I do not believe the pictures of the backs are valid, as mine looks like the 002 versions.

EDIT: So after reading about everyone saying something about a grounding issue, I had to look into it myself. I put my phone on some cardboard, it unlocked....so then I decided to try on styrofoam, still unlocked. So I am wondering did they fix the grounding issue in the 003 versions or did i just get a lucky draw of the batch? I got mine June 5th (Day after Launch).

Last edited by pinkbunniz; 06-13-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the back looks better on the first models

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I have 0003. I have no issues. My phone seems to sleep, battery doesn't drain at night when I'm not using it.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:59 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I have 003 and dont have anything unusual to complain about.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
I am running 003.

I have had no problems with the 4 LEDs staying on, battery life is fairly good at about 10 hours (same as my TP2, I go to a lot of non-sprint covered areas) so far i have no complaints.

Although, I do not believe the pictures of the backs are valid, as mine looks like the 002 versions.
a little off topic, sorry. but does your TP2 2150 OEm battery fit in the EVO?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G