PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Two versions of Evos

Boy I think I've been missing out!

I work in west of downtown (Alvardo & Beverly), I just turned my 4G on and after about a minute of scanning it reported it found Sprint's 4G, then it tries to authenticate for less than a second but it goes right back to scanning.

I think I'll try it from home (2 blocks south of Huntington & Atlantic) later today and see if I can get it connected.

I wasn't expecting it takes so long to scan and find a signal.

Edit: Walked outside the building and I was able to obtain a fair signal. Did a speed test, got 2.2mbps/800kbps. Not bad. Going to see how much a signal I can get when I go home later today.

Last edited by stevedusa; 06-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster94 View Post
Wait, im confused. We have barely had our phones for a week and a half, no 30 days. So if we went into a Sprint Store now to get out phone replaced, would we get a brand new once they got some in stock? Im confused, sorry if the answer is obvious.

EDIT: Nevermind, I reread the original post and figured out that the answer to my question is that they aren't sure yet. Oops.
no wait, I don't know what the crap this means. "Milo" knows what? Who is going to get device replacements?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

I have both a 2 and a 3. The 2 is a piece of crap it has been having issues non stop. The 3 is great 'cept for a defect in my screens glass. They said that they will call me when they get some in and replace it for free.

Also both of my phones the 2 and the 3 have the same battery cover.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I happened to be in pasadena for some business and I was around the foothill/allen area. No 4g signal. Stopped by home for a quick lunch and put the game on since then again!

At work though, I do have full bars for 4g. Again, it does cut out here and there, though it could have been the weather yesterday.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
no wait, I don't know what the crap this means. "Milo" knows what? Who is going to get device replacements?
If you bought your Evo at Radioshack or Bestbuy you can get it replaced there assuming they have it in stock. Same if you purchased it at a Sprint store, and if you purchased it on the sprint website then you can call customer service and they will ship you a new one. If you bought it anywhere else, say Ebay, go to a Sprint store and lie and say you bought it at another Sprint store. They are replacing any devices that are defective, you just have to be at the right place at the right time is all. Oh and do it before you have had the device for 30 days otherwise you may get a refurb.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster94 View Post
If you bought your Evo at Radioshack or Bestbuy you can get it replaced there assuming they have it in stock. Same if you purchased it at a Sprint store, and if you purchased it on the sprint website then you can call customer service and they will ship you a new one. If you bought it anywhere else, say Ebay, go to a Sprint store and lie and say you bought it at another Sprint store. They are replacing any devices that are defective, you just have to be at the right place at the right time is all. Oh and do it before you have had the device for 30 days otherwise you may get a refurb.
OK, so they are saying that some of the devices are defective in battery or screen separation (or both)?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
OK, so they are saying that some of the devices are defective in battery or screen separation (or both)?
I don't know about the battery, but screen separation yes.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

I've got a day old 0003 with no issues except battery life and I am too lazy to change to cdma after every reboot so that is probably my fault. Is there a way yet to make that stick? I just went in a dark room at work and found that i have no light leaks and very little self control. This screen is big enough for pr0n! haha...jk. I will say too that it barely seems to charge on usb. I'll have to pay a little closer attention but i am not sure it has ever had a 100% charge in the 20 or so hours I've had it. Broke my bodyglove case taking it off to check for light leaks. :/ It's a decent case besides those weak spots. Luckily i fly rc helis and planes so glue of all types is in abundance.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
I've got a day old 0003 with no issues except battery life and I am too lazy to change to cdma after every reboot so that is probably my fault. Is there a way yet to make that stick? I just went in a dark room at work and found that i have no light leaks and very little self control. This screen is big enough for pr0n! haha...jk. I will say too that it barely seems to charge on usb. I'll have to pay a little closer attention but i am not sure it has ever had a 100% charge in the 20 or so hours I've had it. Broke my bodyglove case taking it off to check for light leaks. :/ It's a decent case besides those weak spots. Luckily i fly rc helis and planes so glue of all types is in abundance.
It takes much longer to charge through USB because the USB port will give out like half the electrical current that a wall outlet would, or something like that. So basically it just gets less electricity making it charge longer.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

well i wonder if i should be worred about my evo when it comes in....

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G