PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Two versions of Evos

I, too, am running 0002 version with no complaints.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Version 2 as well. Approximately 17 - 20 hrs battery life with moderate usage. No issues to report thus far.

Last edited by Riley; 06-13-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post

Does the other Evo not have the tint to it?
Nope that is the only reason I noticed it & I can see it head on, no tilting necessary
Old 06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work

I noticed this on release day and I have both versions. The only differences are that 0002 fades it's backlight when dimming the display and it looks like the FPS is capped at 30 while 0003 caps at 28. Absolutely no difference in build quality. Battery life is the same. Stability is the same. Everything else is identical. Both have the grounding issue which really isn't a problem. Sorry to burst your bubble for those of you who thought 0002 was superior.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Evo

rmig825 is a n00b

I have the 002 hardware version,, and I am running the newer evo batter as well. Not having any issues at all. Phone sleeps right, and after heavy use on the first day, I charged it all night, picked it up around 9am, probably sent about 75 texts, downloaded some apps, and ect. When I got home around 12am (midnight) 15hrs of use I had about 45% of battery power left. I felt it was very close to my touch pro 2 under the same circumstances.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HW version 002 - no isssues / good battery life (15 hours + with average usage and gmail push)
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

0002 as well....no major issues!
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boardd View Post
0003 my only issue is that the phone never sleeps according to spare parts and i have tried everything i can find in every thread to get it to sleep.
where do you check in spare parts to see if it sleeping or not

i have 003 as well, i had to swap my first one b/c there was a hair over the front lens camera inside the unit
Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

Deathsicle is just getting started

My GF and I both have 002 versions, mine is rooted with custom OMJ rom and my GF is all stock, both are performing well with no problems, battery life, screen color are all excellent.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

im on 003, but no real complaints. i had to set to cdma auto and i use overclock widget to underclock when the screen is off, it works really well and i get over 24 hours of battery because of all of that. the only things i notice are light leaks from the bottom 4 buttons when looking down into the screen, and when charging it occasionally wakes up for no reason or the bottom 4 buttons light up for no reason. This is only when it is plugged in and charging though so I've got no issues with this.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G