PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
I know.....Ive had the evo since day after launch and I am no concidering root, but I have one big question and that is.....

Does rooting require as much hard reseting as it does with winmo and flashing?
Umm, NO
Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: need to unroot, having some issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
is it -off or -on

if its -off you can flash any rom, if your still getting an error than theres more wrong or you are using a wrong ruu.

stock rom is in my sig

you need htc sync and run the run after its installed
thank you your guide it help me out of a power up boot loop i was not able to go in to recovery thanks to your guide i was able to flash the recovery clockwork from the sd card and the su and i think it fix my evo thank you very much i had try just about everything on the web to get it fix
[-o<
Old 10-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ricansoul is a n00b

question..... is there a way to flash menus from the epic onto the evo? i specially like the phone menus. how to answer/ignore/ignore with text.. pretty cool. any takers?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

So I have one big question, since I am finally bored with my Evo, i am contemplating root. If i do root and choose to change ROMs, will it be as much "flashing" as with WinMo?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Did a ton of unlocking and ROM flashing during my WinMo days, but am new to Android and rooting.

Are there any side-effects or downsides to rooting, and if so, could someone please spell those out for me or give me a recent link to look that info up.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android

cwnm is a n00b

I followed all steps until 2G when the phone tries to read PC36IMG.zip and then returns a message "Incorrect Image" or something similar and shows me the option to FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, CLEAR STORAGE, SIMLOCK and HBOOT USB.

I have repeated all the steps twice now but it did the same thing on both occasions. I even tried downloading eng-PC36IMG.zip and PC36IMG.zip again to make sure there were no errors while downloading and transferring to SDCARD.

Any suggestions on how I can get past this stage?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

im also having some trouble rooting..im on the latest from sprint..2.2 froyo..but when i try to do one click root access it just stops @ pushing recovery
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

Mr L is a n00b

Using Fresh 3.3

Having a problem with my sd ext partition. I'm using move 2sd Enabler (root) to store my apps on my sd card. In Market yesterday, I did an update all and now all of those apps are stuck in "installing mode". None of my applications stored on the sd card are showing up and I am unable to mount sd ext in clockworkmod recovery.

Any ideas?

I'd like to retain the apps I have but they're all on the sd card and I can't even access them to do a backup.

Will doing an sd ext partition wipe remove all of those apps?

Thanks.

Mr L
Old 10-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
need to unroot phone now

Have 2 hour trip to sprint store, deal with them and 2 hour teip back. Jave things to do here in 6 hours with need time to prepare. Running nyms 3.29 deodexed and can't get back to stock. Teied the unlocker way of running htc sync 2.40 and installing 1.47 to loose root. When i first tried i got phone to show htc, and pc downloaded hboot drivers while ruu ahowed waiting on hboot. Pc required a restart to update and now ruu givea failure that i need to ensure usb ia plugged into device and i need to ensure usb is plugged into device. I tried with device in charge only and device in htc aync, samw result. Un-installed htc sync and re-installed and nothing. Any advice?
Old 10-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: need to unroot phone now

I exchanged evo with fresh Rom on it and had no problem. All they checked was any external damages.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos