PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Engadget pokes fun at lack of lines for EVO launch

some people aren't just gonna pay extra for a phone when they have no 4G coverage.. big fail on sprint to charge extra per month even though you are hundreds of miles away from the nearest 4G city..

i bet their gonna hit themselves in the A$$ when they realize what they're doing is hurting sales.. at my local sprint store there were only 2 other ppl in line (1 hr before they were scheduled to open).

another thing is many aren't willing to switch to another plan either, both of these sprint flaws cut back on sale numbers, hence why the lines weren't that big imo. when the palm pre went on sale the sprint lines were wrapped around the building!

Last edited by sebo; 06-04-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dallas corp store had 20 people in line at 7 am.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by let22 View Post
1st in line in Jax, Fl at a corporate store....there are about 6 people in line including myself.....store opens @ 8am
We have a corporate store in Jax?
we have several....st.johns town center, regency, orange park, avenues...I think its like 8 of them.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
some people aren't just gonna pay extra for a phone when they have no 4G coverage.. big fail on sprint to charge extra per month even though you are hundreds of miles away from the nearest 4G city..

i bet their gonna hit themselves in the A$$ when they realize what they're doing is hurting sales.. at my local sprint store there were only 2 other ppl in line (1 hr before they were scheduled to open).

another thing is many aren't willing to switch to another plan either, both of these sprint flaws cut back on sale numbers, hence why the lines weren't that big imo. when the palm pre went on sale the sprint lines were wrapped around the building!

so what draws people to the iphone then? i mean at&t plans are way higher but people still pack out stores to get it
Old 06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

we have several....st.johns town center, regency, orange park, avenues...I think its like 8 of them.
Oh okay... I just misunderstood what a "corporate store" is. Those are regular store's to me, lol...
Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

If sprint wanted this to be bigger it would have been. I couldn't get my upgrade date moved from 2 months out to get this. AT&t on the other hand moved my brother 5 months without having to ask to June, so that he can get the new Iphone
Old 06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: go EVO go EVO go..go EVO go..EVO..EVO..

cyespocket is keeping up the good workcyespocket is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to cyespocket

i understand why engadget making fun of the line..but u gotta understand though..how many store is carrying the phone..sprint store (like a 7-11 of phone store..every corner) best buy almost all over the place..and the shack...vs an apple store that barely exist in some of the cities..ya they have bestbuy but whens the last time the shack carried an iphone? thats why iPhone line are longer..FTW i love my damn EVO..took awhile to get me set up coz of the system goin down..but it was worth it..i wanna know the numbers how much was sold in day one...?? =p
Old 06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Remember there is a Sprint store every five miles not counting BB and RS... so there is no reason for stupid lines lol Here in long island NY there is only 3 Apple stores (i think) and they are really far away from each other.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post
so what draws people to the iphone then? i mean at&t plans are way higher but people still pack out stores to get it
I think the main difference is that when the iphone hit the market no other phone carrier had anything close to it as far as specs go as well as their app store. (Also, how many commercials for the Iphone do you remember and how many have you seen for the Hero, or the Touch Pro2, or the Touch Diamond, etc.) As for us Sprint users, we had to wait years for Sprint to finally come out with something that blew the doors off of their other phones and also something that they didn't keep a huge secret until launch day. I was first in line to get my EVO and am loving it! I was a die hard Windows Mobile fan and after using this phone for 2 days my TP2 has been boxed up and sold. My hat goes off to Sprint for the phone but my finger goes up for the extra fee!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Well just to chirp in, I went to the sprint store in morrow ga(5 minutes south of atlanta) for 6am. When I got there, I was number 7 in line. By the time the store opened at 7am there were about 40 or so people in line.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G