PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Engadget pokes fun at lack of lines for EVO launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
good, that makes it easier for me to get mine, plus i don't like owning a phone that everybody has... never understood why everybody is so concern with the sales of a phone. poor sales is sprint problem, not mine.
I totally agree. I don't want Sprint getting overloaded like AT&T is, and then lower the data plans usage without extra fees, etc. And yes, who wants what everyone has. Better to be Lucas McCain than a sheeple
Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

let22 is just getting started

1st in line in Jax, Fl at a corporate store....there are about 6 people in line including myself.....store opens @ 8am
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by let22 View Post
1st in line in Jax, Fl at a corporate store....there are about 6 people in line including myself.....store opens @ 8am
awesome. go get it mofo!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I just rode by the store in smyrna and there are about 50 people in line... I was pretty surprised to say the least.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

about 20 people are in New York City - bryant park store, mentioned on engadget. some dude walked by the line, said that his hero had a lot of problems, urged not to buy evo. not sure what he was aiming at, line walking away?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

tried to post earlier when I got in line but my TP2 wouldnt let me do much of anything! Knew the end was coming I guess. Anyway I got to the store at 7. about 5 people in line. by 8 about 30 people. Pretty decent turn out. Phone is awesome!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by let22 View Post
We have a corporate store in Jax?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

just got home with my new EVO. about 20 people were in line by the time the store opened. They had a stack of papers which represented how many they had. I think they mustve had 40-50 evos at least. lol. I suppose the hour wait was worth it though because they took FOREVER to finish the transaction (first 8 people were simultaneously helped first and I was one of them). If i went right when they opened i'd probably be waiting twice as long.

Anyway, EVO is sweet. the Droid Incredible's AMOLED display is a lot better for colors and whatnot, but the EVO's screen size makes it worth it. So easy to type using a soft keyboard for once!

edit: my store gave out soda, orange juice, and 4 variations of donuts. It was like a party in there... unnecessary, but hey free food.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

One of the Corp Sprint stores in Southeastern Michigan...told me they had sold 50+ EVO's by 9:30am. The store was very busy.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
good, that makes it easier for me to get mine, plus i don't like owning a phone that everybody has... never understood why everybody is so concern with the sales of a phone. poor sales is sprint problem, not mine.

I'm with ya all the way on that one. The less who have it, the more I brag.. Yesterday some girl was like "it can't be better than the iPhone! Who has ever heard of the EVO 4G? You know what I want? An apple Camera!! With cool camera apps!"

Me: "I'm going home, coming back, and I'm going to give you a spoon with the apple logo carved into it, so you can slowly spoonfeed YOURSELF apple garbage.."
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G