PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: Your First Weekend With The Evo

"i'm lovin it"

mclovin my evo

sure beats that damn touch pro lol
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Aukutsutsu is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
"i'm lovin it"

mclovin my evo

sure beats that damn touch pro lol
Ha ha I feel ya I had a touch pro too and I guess over time I sort of forgot how bad it was... till I got the evo.

edit: oh yeah, and android impressed me more in a day than windows mobile did in a year... (and yes I was savvy with the custom roms, reg edits, etc.)
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Great phone. Kicks my HTC hero in the nuts. Blows WM out of the water.. And I know I will need a charger at home, car and work after a weekend of use.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-07-2010, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

supers2k is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to supers2k Send a message via Yahoo to supers2k

I love it 3 friends already tried to take it home
Old 06-07-2010, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

I love it! My poor old Touch Pro2 has only served as a mobile hotspot for the last three days. That's all it's good for at this point. Android and the Evo blow WinMo and the TP2 out the water. I'm also getting used to using Swype as my main keyboard, and I gotta tell you ... it's like another whole experience aside from the Evo! I'm loving Swype, too!

Last edited by Dr. Evo; 06-07-2010 at 04:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo!!

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor

Gets better and better every day (and I've only had it 3 days). Android is the shizzy, so much better than Winmo. Still learning to use it so everyday is still an adventure, and that's half the fun. The selection of apps from the marketplace is incredible! I don't think there's anything I need to do with this phone that I can't get an app for, and Android is still so young, so I'm really looking forward to the future with this phone.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

First time im dealing with android, was a WinMo addict lol but i think i found a new love lol. Im just head over heels with my Evo lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Your First Weekend With The Evo

Had wet my feet in the waters purchasing two HEROS for my mother and my sister, however did not want to get spoiled so I never really downloaded any apps, rooted, or customized them in any way other than google apps. The past weekend my sleep schedule has been off mainly because of this phone, I stay up late playing around with it, because it's so awesome. The only thing I foresee being a problem is the battery life. I will probably end up getting an extended battery so that I have two batteries for the thing. Although I like the live wallpapers, they do seem to SIGNIFICANTLY drain the battery faster. I went to the gym and running for almost 2 hours, constantly streaming music off of my renewed rhapsody subscription(love it), and the battery drained to roughly 60ish percent. I'm not complaining and I don't think the battery life is that horrible it just depends on how you are using the device.

The huge screen is beautiful, when I look at the HEROS they are tiny and light compared to the EVO. I will have to say i'm slightly disappointed in the 4G capabilities, or rather the coverage that I'm getting. I was driving into Houston (where there should be more or less full 4g coverage) streaming rhapsody and it lost the 4g connection and restarted the song, slightly disappointing... However I kind of expected this because I'm 1 mile south of coverage in Houston(it sucks), but I think the 4G will shine when i'm tethering with other devices, and when I'm actually standing in ONE location so that I'm not going 75mph switching between towers within a matter of minutes/seconds.

I went app crazy and downloaded all the apps I thought looked interesting, and I experienced some freezing issues with certain apps. However, since cleaning up all my un-needed apps and found the right task manager, I love it. I haven't had any lockups/force closes. I think it's just a matter of getting the phone customized, settling it in, and using it.

One thing that slightly bugs me is the headphone jack being on top, although most people like that. When putting it in or pulling it out of my pocket it's awkward, or maybe I'm just use to the TP2 3.5mm jack being on the bottom.

Although the OS isn't AS customizable as windows, it's a hell of a lot more stable and the apps are of much more quality (generally). Loopt, glympse, and others work so much better. Having a gmail as my main email account, I love the push email, all google services (gmail, voice, calendar, ETC) are so integrated, and the voice recognition for searching, or even voice-to-text is AWESOME.(I find myself using SWYPE) No lag in the GPS, no lag period. Overall, I'm completely satisfied and I wouldn't trade it for any other phone known to man right now.

Last edited by grad20_09; 06-07-2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTV EVO

dougdascenzo is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dougdascenzo

I've become that ******* I use to make fun of that carries his iphone around messing with it constantly.

Also, I feel like I am starting to reign in some decent battery life just by getting a better handle on the right settings and what is running. Expecially getting rid of a lot of the over the top widgets.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We have a review thread going already. Merging this with that one.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic