PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
im not telling you guys to completely shut up.. its just that is kind of annoying you read allmost every thread and by now you should know that theres been numerous threads about the screen not being amoled
There have also been numerous treads, and news articles, saying it is going to be AMOLED. But yes I personally believe it will be TFT.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
There have also been numerous treads, and news articles, saying it is going to be AMOLED. But yes I personally believe it will be TFT.

CW
yes.. but how many times you read articles on the websites that state that the screen is going to be amoled.. in others words how good are those sources..
please i dont want to argue with you i respect you alot sir , i did not mean to be that thing thats in between the cheeks located in our back.
amigos?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
yes.. but how many times you read articles on the websites that state that the screen is going to be amoled.. in others words how good are those sources..
please i dont want to argue with you i respect you alot sir , i did not mean to be that thing thats in between the cheeks located in our back.
amigos?
I just started to look at the types of screen a few days ago so I would have to say that Im not even a good source for this information. lol

CW
Old 05-11-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
amigos?
I think we all agree - in WC posts and in mine - that it will most likely be a TFT device. I think that we also agree that it SHOULD have been amoled or superamoled. The device has cutting edge hardware all over - except for the screen. The demo device was TFT - no question about that, but there is nothing stopping HTC from updating the device to a newer and better screen, especially given that mass-production probably just recently started.

It is a bit crappy to criticize information on a speculation thread. It's all speculation now - that's what makes it fun to dicuss.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

raptoreb is a n00b

The HTC HD2 is TFT and the same screen size (4.3") as the Evo.
The HTC Incredible is AMOLED but only 3.7". I think that alone points to a high likelihood of the Evo having a TFT screen.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:06 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoreb View Post
The HTC HD2 is TFT and the same screen size (4.3") as the Evo.
The HTC Incredible is AMOLED but only 3.7". I think that alone points to a high likelihood of the Evo having a TFT screen.
and we still arnt any closer to proving it...lol It doesn't matter how much people post it we arnt going to know till it comes out.

CW
Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I just found this thread, proving what. The evo is not amoled display and that is confirmed. it is the exact same display as the hd2. this is coming from sites like pocketnow.com plus so many more that have actually played with the device and tested its speeds at the las vegas show.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
and we still arnt any closer to proving it...lol It doesn't matter how much people post it we arnt going to know till it comes out.

CW
yep.

I did try for some validation, no dice.

FCC sar report doesn't speak of the screen or its type.

chat with sprint went nowhere - attached. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is certainly not unprecedented to have a screen type change after a demo and before production (see here).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-11-2010 3-38-17 PM.jpg (17.2 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 5-11-2010 5-03-22 PM.jpg (19.6 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sprintchat.zip (91.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by madoc; 05-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
yep.

I did try for some validation, no dice.

FCC sar report doesn't speak of the screen or its type.

chat with sprint went nowhere - attached. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is certainly not unprecedented to have a screen type change after a demo and before production (see here).
thank you but i cant even read your attachment is way to small
Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thank you but i cant even read your attachment is way to small
Limited in attachment size, just edited the original with a zipped .doc containing full size.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic