PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

So i pre-ordered mine on saturday or sunday at bb.this after trying to preorder at radioshack the same day and the reps there didnt have a clue what i was talking about,the best buy is a bit far so i wouldnt be able to get it til late on the 4th.Shack is down the street i wonder if they got any preorders since they difdt have no clue about the phone,i called a few days ago and they said they would get it by the 4th i asked if they have alot of preorders and they guy told me "we dont do that".its pretty ghetto IMO i would like to file a complain.Also you guys think i should try and preorder at the shack again or just take my chances on the 4th going at store opening time.

Last edited by Rager02; 05-20-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
Yea, I read in my Radioshack pre-order pamphlet that the pre-sales have limited quantities.
So I take it the BB you went to and the Radio Shack I was at sold out its reserves.
I have no clue about that but the guy told me it was the last day scheduled for pre ordered.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

brc80 is just getting started

Just preordered mine at the shack. I also got the extra $10 coupon which i can apply towards the purchase of the phone. There also happened to be a sprint rep in the store while i was there and she confirmed that you can preorder at the Shack until 5/31. So with a $20 gift card and an extra $10 off i say buy it at the shack if you plan to preorder.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

Anybody trading in their old phones at best buy/radio shack? Im seriously thinking bout it. Best buy according to the estimator will give me about 185 for my touch pro 2.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbonner View Post
Anybody trading in their old phones at best buy/radio shack? Im seriously thinking bout it. Best buy according to the estimator will give me about 185 for my touch pro 2.

I've got my hero up for sale, if it doesnt sell, i'm trading in at the shack. Not like i am going to use the thing anymore... my moment, tp, tp2 havent been turned on in months. Might as well get some use out of these things.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

It seems to me that you can just call telesales and get it the next day. im not too sure but with most device launch dates, you can buy before hand and get it shipped to you so you can get it on the actual launch day. The IPad was like this as well as the Touch Pro2, as a UPS driver i remember those days 'cause every Ipad or TP2 I delivered people were running upto my truck to get their packages . so everybody set your alarm clocks & speed dial to telesales and order on the 3th to get your phone on Fri and enjoy thru the long weekend, its worth a shot.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

Well, after seeing this thread, I walked down to the RadioShack (about a block from our offices) and placed my pre-order

The guy there seemed to think they would have them by the 2nd or 3rd and would start calling customers as soon as they arrived. Hopefully that's the case but I'm trying not to get my hopes up lol. My TP1 is in dire need of a replacement......
Old 05-21-2010, 01:40 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman05 View Post
Well, after seeing this thread, I walked down to the RadioShack (about a block from our offices) and placed my pre-order

The guy there seemed to think they would have them by the 2nd or 3rd and would start calling customers as soon as they arrived. Hopefully that's the case but I'm trying not to get my hopes up lol. My TP1 is in dire need of a replacement......
Dang did you say TP1...wow lol yea your gonna be blown away with the Evo comming from that small screen and sow @ss processor. Welcome to Android bro.

CW
Old 05-21-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

yep lol, still on the TP1. Got close to swapping it out a couple of times, but then read about the Evo and decided to stick it out. It's done well and survived much abuse...but yes...I cannot wait to get rid of this tiny screen lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have seen some people who had pre-ordered at Best Buy and were charged tax for the $50 deposit/gift card. Was this maybe employee-error or because of their state/tax policy?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G