PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

Nice. Steinheil's should provide a smoother feel than my phantom. Especially now that I started using swype.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i got my phantom skinz but i dont know if i should put it on... my screen is having the same issue as some people... its not lose but i can see light escaping one corner... wonder if the water would go in and damage something...

Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Got my Evo yesterday and put on a full body phantom skinz first thing. Here's my 2 cents:

1) Pretty much a thinner slightly smoother zagg/bse
2) Minimal orange peel effect (have to view at an angle to see it)
3) Less tacky
4) Nicely cut, almost perfect (perfect because it gives you a little wiggle room for installation)

I would definitely recommend this over a zagg. But ultimately it's too similar for me to stick with it. Even though the PS is less tacky, you still get a bit of resistance when you glide your fingers. If you press harder you can feel the gummy feeling. Personally I prefer a hard dry application screen protector. It just feels more like a the hard slickness of glass. As for the body skin, I didn't use the side protectors as they always seem to make the phone cheap looking with the discontinuous corners (especially over time). The back is cut precisely and does the job. However it did slip my mind that the whole back is a door which seems easily replaceable so a protector may not be necessary.
i like phantom.. used it on my tp2

i did get the full kit for it but found it a waste... i couldnt get the side on for anything... so i only had the screen and the back for the tp2..

i didnt bother with the back on the evo cause like you said i can just replace it.. the side would be nice to protect but after my problems with the side on the tp2 i said screw it.

but i tried zagg and phantom and phantom is better hands down... dont get me wrong zagg is not bad either but too thick and it can have the orange peal look
Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

I've got the Clarivue Anti-glare with the Seidio innocase. No problems whatsoever. It took me a while to put it on because I'm a perfectionist. I worked out every air bubble and used scotch tape to get the dust off. Very smooth finger scrolling across the screen. It's not sticky feeling or glossy feeling like clear tape. It's smooth like running your finger across my LCD monitor. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned much already.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

My dog chewed on my EVO while I was sleep.... Thank goodness I had a thick orange peel like zagg. Saved my arse!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Bought these ezguardz from ebay (pack of 5):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2037wt_1138
$1.99 w/free shipping
they are kind of rubbery, you can take them off and put em back on. Kind of like window stickers. I didn't think I would like em at first but I haven't had a problem yet and it makes typing easier!
with $2 you can't go wrong
Old 06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

yang88she, What EVO case are you using????

just put my clarivue on.. sheesh i hate putting protectors on. good thing ive got a bit of experience with them which only yielded one dust particle on the edge this time.

the clarivue isnt cut fully to the side edges of the phone. so theres a minor gap on both left and right sides. maybe the case i buy will have that covered.

Last edited by Torx; 06-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post

just put my clarivue on.. sheesh i hate putting protectors on. good thing ive got a bit of experience with them which only yielded one dust particle on the edge this time.

the clarivue isnt cut fully to the side edges of the phone. so theres a minor gap on both left and right sides. maybe the case i buy will have that covered.
Good to know the cut of the clarivue since I was considering it. Think I'll wait on the Steinheil.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yang88she is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post

body glove by sprint...works well enough for my peace of mind....,may go w. an otterbox when it comes out
Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did we waste our money on screen protector?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeoAl-94bks&feature=player_embedded#!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories