View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Mayonesa
What did you say?

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Got my Evo yesterday and put on a full body phantom skinz first thing. Here's my 2 cents:

1) Pretty much a thinner slightly smoother zagg/bse
2) Minimal orange peel effect (have to view at an angle to see it)
3) Less tacky
4) Nicely cut, almost perfect (perfect because it gives you a little wiggle room for installation)

I would definitely recommend this over a zagg. But ultimately it's too similar for me to stick with it. Even though the PS is less tacky, you still get a bit of resistance when you glide your fingers. If you press harder you can feel the gummy feeling. Personally I prefer a hard dry application screen protector. It just feels more like a the hard slickness of glass. As for the body skin, I didn't use the side protectors as they always seem to make the phone cheap looking with the discontinuous corners (especially over time). The back is cut precisely and does the job. However it did slip my mind that the whole back is a door which seems easily replaceable so a protector may not be necessary.
i like phantom.. used it on my tp2

i did get the full kit for it but found it a waste... i couldnt get the side on for anything... so i only had the screen and the back for the tp2..

i didnt bother with the back on the evo cause like you said i can just replace it.. the side would be nice to protect but after my problems with the side on the tp2 i said screw it.

but i tried zagg and phantom and phantom is better hands down... dont get me wrong zagg is not bad either but too thick and it can have the orange peal look