PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knives of ice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

just got my steinheil today and there are no holes cut out for the front facing camera. ****ing hell.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
just got my steinheil today and there are no holes cut out for the front facing camera. ****ing hell.
you have the crystal or matte? This guy has the matte (Anti - Fingerprint) version & the cut out for the camera is there but not for the sensors

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 06-24-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

my youtube unboxing of clear-coat screen protector. check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTRc0noFmaM

recorded with my evo.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 PM
XHX
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch PRo

XHX is a n00b

Just got a steinheil crystal clear. I like it quite a bit. Its quite smooth, no significant tackyness once it's used for a few moments. Very clear. It reduces glare just a teeny bit, enough to be usable in strong sunlight. Nice cut, doesn't interfere with the front cam that I can see though it does cover it. It is slightly smaller than the phone itself just enough to make installation easier, but gets completely covered by the body glove case I have around it. Installation is dry, and extremely easy but I recommend using disposable wipes to clean the phone first. I have some pec pads lying around from camera work, and that plus a bit of methanol shines up the screen perfectly for application. First application shows no dust, no bubbles. Great!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Smokey80015 is a n00b

I love the Zagg covers. I've had about 12 or so over the years so I know how to install them, but when I installed it on my BRAND NEW Evo - the same installation instructions I've always used caused the spray-on to get into the screen and fried it.
$100 deductible from asurion to replace my new $299. phone! Ugh!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

thebreezeyone is a n00b

[QUOTE=vicko5000;1826980]I would higly recommend this skin on ebay by XtremeGUARD
Fits perfectly; wet/squeegy install..
By far the most flawless installation i have had on any skin

Does this have the cutouts for the front camera and sensors?
Old 06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
you have the crystal or matte? This guy has the matte (Anti - Fingerprint) version & the cut out for the camera is there but not for the sensors

yeah i have this one too.. i havent noticed any negative effect from the sensors being covered so im not too worried.. i do how ever like the screen protector a lot! feels nice and it works well...

Old 06-28-2010, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Lecithin is just getting started

Just got a Ghost Armor applied (there's actually a kiosk at the mall near me) I went from liking how the phone looks to loving it. I got the whole phone covered and the back looks real nice with the high gloss of the protector.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

take a look at my phantom skinz unboxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bHNrA68wI i gotta say, im pretty impressed so far!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Ok after trying every screen protector that I could really find...

phantomskinz, ZAGG, Clearfreak, Ghost, Ghetto Ebay ones.... the very best ones IMO are Clarivue. I've got 2 of every flavor they make, clear, privacy, mirror, and anti-glare.

I'm running the clear one right now, and its perfect. Not 1 bubble, speck of dust..notta.

Installation is a dry type (static cling). Included with each protector is a wet nap type thing to clean your screen off.

I'm very impressed and probably won't even try any other ones. I've wasted like $50 on cycling thru the multiple manufactures. Clarivue is where its at.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories