PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Guide] - Free 3VO WiFi Tether

one thing I don't care for about Barnacle is it only does ad-hoc.....once we get full root, I'm back to Wifi Tether!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ockavano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Does this only work once per time you perform the steps? I have done this 3 different times and I check it to make sure it works...it does. Then I go home and try to use it and it gives me errors. I did not restart my phone or anything.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockavano View Post
Does this only work once per time you perform the steps? I have done this 3 different times and I check it to make sure it works...it does. Then I go home and try to use it and it gives me errors. I did not restart my phone or anything.
It could have to do with the fact that the root is only temp. The system removes root privs after a while. Someone on XDA has created an updated script that allows the temp root last longer. I will take a look at that tonight and try to update this one see if that helps you get some longevity.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 07-11-2011 at 03:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ockavano is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
It could have to do with the fact that the root is only temp. The system removes root privs after a while. Someone on XDA has created an updated script that allows the temp root last longer. I will take a look at that tonight and try to update this one see if that helps you get some longevity.
Thanks, I thought that I was going crazy. I will try and not use it until I get home tonight, instead of testing it. I thought maybe it was a "1 and done thing"......
Old 07-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

GERONIMO.USMC is a n00b

Quote:
On the root of all EVO.com they have a working wifi tether apk. See this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1151853 Can you put this in your update instead of barnacle or have a seperate one for it. We would all be grateful.

Last edited by GERONIMO.USMC; 07-11-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERONIMO.USMC View Post
On the root of all EVO.com they have a working wifi tether apk. See this link WIFI tether works on 3D - xda-developers Can you put this in your update instead of barnacle or have a seperate one for it. We would all be grateful.
Yep, I planned on doing that.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Lurker

GERONIMO.USMC is a n00b

Quote:
Yep, I planned on doing that.
Permanent temp root updated.
(TOOL) Perma-Temp Root Final! 100% Stable *7/12/2011* - xda-developers

Just saying
Old 07-12-2011, 02:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Flashy037 is a n00b

I have done this method on mine and so far it is working flawlessly

**EDIT** Ok, so it was working last night pretty good. But twice when I went to do something, like make a call, it would restart my phone. The first time I was still at home and re-ran the install and it started working, the second time I was at work and it restarted my phone again, losing root and no way to re-run it from work. Bummer

Last edited by Flashy037; 07-13-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Lurker

GERONIMO.USMC is a n00b

I'm going nuts over here. I tried over and over and even a hard reset and my phone refuses to tether with any apk, including the one that supposedly works. I get super user rights and no error messages, but zilch. My wifi icon pulses once then it doesn't pulse anymore. I can connect to it, but it won't work for me, but barnacle works. I tried all possible combinations of settings. Neither my iPad nor computer can get Internet access. I follow the instructions to a T, but it won't work. Hard reset then start over and nothing.

Last edited by GERONIMO.USMC; 07-12-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERONIMO.USMC View Post
I'm going nuts over here. I tried over and over and even a hard reset and my phone refuses to tether with any apk, including the one that supposedly works. I get super user rights and no error messages, but zilch. My wifi icon pulses once then it doesn't pulse anymore. I can connect to it, but it won't work for me, but barnacle works. I tried all possible combinations of settings. Neither my iPad nor computer can get Internet access. I follow the instructions to a T, but it won't work. Hard reset then start over and nothing.
Are you saying that my method doesnt work (the one in the OP)? Or are you talking about other methods?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D