PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

GERONIMO.USMC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Guide] - Free 3VO WiFi Tether

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Are you saying that my method doesn't work (the one in the OP)? Or are you talking about other methods?
Sorrt. I should've been more specific. I thought I was. Yours works perfect for, & with barnacle. Its just that I'm going nuts trying to figure out how everyone, but me, can get the wifi tether app posted in the other method to work! On top of that I prefer the wifi tether app....
Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Yeah, I will be honest with you. I think most of those people saying they got it working are not being 100% honest. I am no dumb ass but I have followed every tutorial over "there" by all the "newbs" saying they got WiFi tether to work and I cant get it to work. I have tried every thread I saw and none of them work. Sure they connect and "seem" to be working. As long as you dont try to surf the web its fine

But I will stick with Barnacle for now. If anyone has a full proof method of getting WiFi tether to work let us know and I will update my script accordingly.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ockavano is a n00b

Quote:
Yeah, I will be honest with you. I think most of those people saying they got it working are not being 100% honest. Sure they connect and "seem" to be working. As long as you dont try to surf the web its fine

But I will stick with Barnacle for now. If anyone has a full proof method of getting WiFi tether to work let us know and I will update my script accordingly.
Same here! I tried it and nothing happened. Is your script updated to have temp root for a longer time period? Or should I just use the other script and install barnacle after?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Is the same thing as the Sprint Hotspot app?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [Guide] -Updated: 7/22/2011 - Free 3VO WiFi Tether V2.0

Updated: 7/22/2011 - I coupled it with the updated root scripts. I also added Ad-Blocking host file to the root script.

Have fun!

-Scott
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

Not sure if I am missing something or not, but I cant get a internet connection, I can connect fine, but doesnt let me surf, not a huge deal as i can do basic surfing with the standard version of pdanet, I may just buy the full version or something

Dave

Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978 View Post
Not sure if I am missing something or not, but I cant get a internet connection, I can connect fine, but doesnt let me surf, not a huge deal as i can do basic surfing with the standard version of pdanet, I may just buy the full version or something

Dave
I dont know Dave. I tested this out on WinXP laptop. It did act funny at first, KI had to "repair" the laptop connection but that is because of the special internal settings of my home network. I dont run DHCP, everything is set manually O si had to enable DHCP. Most users prolly already have DHCP. Try to "repair" your wireless connection on PC then connect again. After I did that it was smooth sailing.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Is the same thing as the Sprint Hotspot app?
Sorry Chong, I didn't mean to ignore you. No this is different than the Sprint Host Spot. This is an ad-hoc network. Hotspot is a an infrastructure network.

This will get you buy if you need to get quick internet access on a laptop, or iDevices like the iPad and iPod, etc.

I tested it on WinXP, Win7, iPad 2, iPod 4G. No problems at all!

Enjoy!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry Chong, I didn't mean to ignore you. No this is different than the Sprint Host Spot. This is an ad-hoc network. Hotspot is a an infrastructure network.

This will get you buy if you need to get quick internet access on a laptop, or iDevices like the iPad and iPod, etc.

I tested it on WinXP, Win7, iPad 2, iPod 4G. No problems at all!

Enjoy!
Wireless internet right? I have PDAnet and it suck. I didnt like it as I have to install client on all the machine.

I wish wmwifirouter would make one for Android.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Wireless internet right? I have PDAnet and it suck. I didnt like it as I have to install client on all the machine.

I wish wmwifirouter would make one for Android.
This is very similiar. Give it a try. Its better than Free PDANet for sure!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D