PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

KJMiller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (APP) Finger Keyboard VGA Update NEW VERSION 2.0 QVGA added

darn it, I really want to try this but every single cab I try just locks up my diamond, what the heck am I doing wrong.... anyone????
Old 03-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is my question: I like how the keys of TouchPal are big enough I can type pretty accurately for the 20 key keyboard. How easy is it on this in Landscape? What about Portrait?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I prefer portrait because the layout is actually tighter. the great thing about landscape is you can see so much of the screen compared to many others... If the keys are too small or the rows too close together you can easily edit the layout files, they were so simple for me to understand without any instructions. Also though, to qualify, I have girl fingers! I just am happy that the keys I press on the edges actually work.. I have a heck of a time with "a" on the stock keyboard.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i typically only use this in portrait as i have a touch pro so i also have the hardware keyboard. it took some getting used to for me but after a week or so i manke very few mistakes with it
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMiller View Post
darn it, I really want to try this but every single cab I try just locks up my diamond, what the heck am I doing wrong.... anyone????

The best way is to install this cab:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1236478381

Then this cab:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1236276200

be sure to install both to your device not to internal storage.

After install go to the program directory and delete all the txt files in the skin folder that say WVGA in the name... I also delete all the extr
a languages texts but that doesn't matter one or the other....

Now soft reset and enable the keyboard via the sip menu.

The cab installs may seem backwards but it puts the vga files into the folders before the keyboard program so that when the setup comes you don't have to worry about trying to activate keyboard with the wrong files (which locks up phone).

You can also now install any of the fantastic skins found in this thread.... and delete any you won't use to save space on your device.

Last edited by eenieMINI; 03-29-2009 at 07:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Quote:
Do just like Eenie say's, but it sounds like you were installing to the Internal storage. May be wrong....
Old 03-27-2009, 05:20 PM
N00b

KJMiller is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
The best way is to install this cab:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1236478381

Then this cab:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25073&d=1235931114

be sure to install both to your device not to internal storage.

After install go to the program directory and delete all the txt files in the skin folder that say WVGA in the name... I also delete all the extr
a languages texts but that doesn't matter one or the other....

Now soft reset and enable the keyboard via the sip menu.

The cab installs may seem backwards but it puts the vga files into the folders before the keyboard program so that when the setup comes you don't have to worry about trying to activate keyboard with the wrong files (which locks up phone).

You can also now install any of the fantastic skins found in this thread.... and delete any you won't use to save space on your device.

Trying that, it says I need to remove the install from the first one before I can put in the second, is that right?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:20 PM
N00b

KJMiller is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef48 View Post
Do just like Eenie say's, but it sounds like you were installing to the Internal storage. May be wrong....

Installed to device every time
Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Quote:
Trying that, it says I need to remove the install from the first one before I can put in the second, is that right?
Uninstall first. Also delete any left over files in the program folder. That way you start fresh. then follow what Eenie said.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:28 PM
N00b

KJMiller is a n00b

Still locking my phone up, this sucks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond