PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Cdma Diamond Teardown!!

A buddy of mine works for Sprint and he took the pics...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6850 + 6950

tsbtx is just getting started

No, I don't believe you could upgrade the 4gb without some VERY serious soldering, and software changes. 4gb is good as is, the read/write time is awesome.

One thing I am curious about is I have seen people who have written programs to use the TransFlash SD cards as expanded memory for the handset itself, draw back being the limited read/write of flash memory. The Diamond doesn't use it, so I don't see why you couldn't even attempt to run Windows XP on the thing (joking). The memory shouldn't have a limited read/write cycle meaning if you did have a way of partitioning the memory you should be able to dedicate some of it to WinMo and not have it die off.

Last edited by tsbtx; 02-02-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Heads Up Everybody... New High Quality Pictures Posted In Op!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond , Dell axim X50v
Carrier: VOdafone

krhtikos is a n00b

Hi , do you think it is possible to also have pics of the actual digitizer and lcd screen teardown please?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhtikos View Post
Hi , do you think it is possible to also have pics of the actual digitizer and lcd screen teardown please?
I will see if I can get some..
Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Orange

Diam100 is a n00b

iv been looking for a tear down video of the gsm version of the diamond for a while. so far iv not found anything useful apart from an official gsm htc Diamond engineer service manual that has a complete teardown and rebuild guide all good quality pictures to accompany it. along with that i discoverd today that it includes a whole lot more information that you cant find anywhere on the net anyway i hope you all enjoy reading it cant remember where i got it had it since last year well before i got diamond (jan 09)

Diamond Manual
| 9.16mb| pdf format| 109 pages
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0hojlvmztlt
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintozozDIAM View Post
WHered you get this diamodn to tear apart?
Yeahi always wonder where these people get all this ballin phones to just strip apart a like a freakin speak n' spell.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

The Diamond tear down was done by a friend of mine who is an employee of Sprint.. He was gracious to tear one down, take pictures, and send them to me for posting here...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, Mighty Rom 4.3, Radio 1.00.0F, New Touch Pro rom 5.0

mojodc3 is a n00b

Hey

Thank you for the tear down pics but im having trouble finding the Vibration motor and a part number. My diamond is out of warrenty and the motor is broke or the connection is bad. Could you help a guy out? Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojodc3 View Post
Hey

Thank you for the tear down pics but im having trouble finding the Vibration motor and a part number. My diamond is out of warrenty and the motor is broke or the connection is bad. Could you help a guy out? Thanks
I'll ask the guy who did the tear down to see if he can get the part number.. I'll let you know what he can do

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond