PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need stock Sprint shellres.192.dll.0409.mui

I must be missing it but is there a file for the for the Speaker and Battery icon like in HTCLeeners post ? I was able to replace the 1X and EV icon. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

HTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to HTCLeener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkevinli View Post
I must be missing it but is there a file for the for the Speaker and Battery icon like in HTCLeeners post ? I was able to replace the 1X and EV icon. Thanks.
Hey, if you want to update your speaker and battery icon like mine, go here..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437307

There is actually a post #309 that has a new .CAB file with all his edited .dll files but for some reason when I installed this on my phone it didn't change the speaker icon so I did it in two steps.

I first downloaded the .CAB in post #243 done by MRE-net using DarkLord69's icons. This is where he has his first original battery (this is where your speaker will change).

Then to change just the battery icon to his new one, I installed his phcanOverbmp.dll (had to replace the other one, by renaming it to phcanOverbmp.dll.bak, then copied over the new phcanOverbmp.dll from my Internal Storage to Windows using Total Commander, then did a soft reset and went back to delete the original phcanOverbmp.dll.bak - see post #538 for any more clarification)

That's how I got my speaker icon and battery icon.

If you have any other questions, let me know.. hope this helps

----

I attached the phcanOverbmp.dll because that took some searching to find, but the first file the .CAB, can be found easily at the xda-developers thread at post #243.
Attached Files
File Type: zip phcanOverbmp.zip (133.9 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCLeener View Post
I also see the satellite icon in the LargeTitleBar.dll, did you try any changes in there?
I believe the Sprint CDMA signal icon is in the LargeTitleBar.dll. It could quite possibly all be related to this registry edit...

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="5"/>
</characteristic>

5 = Telus Thick bars
7= Sprint Skinny Bars

...then again I may be completely wrong and we're all back to the drawing board.

Last edited by Chef Ben; 11-10-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
current screen shot..its too bad you cant see the battery icon, its beautiful
How did you get the color for these icons?

BTW, thanks for getting the 1x/Ev working. Great stuff.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the answer. Anyone else wanting to know the file is LargeTitleBar.dll.0409.mui.

Last edited by opuscroakus; 11-10-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
I believe the Sprint CDMA signal icon is in the LargeTitleBar.dll. It could quite possibly all be related to this registry edit...

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="5"/>
</characteristic>

5 = Telus Thick bars
7= Sprint Skinny Bars

...then again I may be completely wrong and we're all back to the drawing board.
checked out the largetitle bar and it seems that its just the large title bar, not anything to do with the start bar ( unless i am very wrong)

ill check out the largetitlebar.dll and see what i get. i changed the registry, thanks i like the fat bars anyway

Last edited by Brock1909; 11-10-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCLeener View Post
I was looking at the shellress.192.dll file and I noticed the signal icon in there, using PE explorer it's number 32 and 34-37 in the Icon Entry folder and I noticed that it's a 32X32 1-bit icon..

I wonder if this has anything to do with changing it, because if we want to change this icon you'd have to replace it with a 32X32 1-bit icon which contains almost no colour therefore we couldn't put in the awesome looking satellite signal..

Unless you know of a way to replace the icon so it doesn't have to be 32X32 1-bit but 32X32 32-bit? (which is what the Ev and 1x icons are).

Let me know.

------------

Nevermind, I see that you can change it because I looked over DarkLord69 shellres.dll.mui that he sent to Chef Ben (on xda-developers, post #351) and he changed it fine in there (from a 1-bit icon to a 32-bit icon), so my question now is, how do you change it? everytime I want to change the icon to a higher bit icon it won't let me replace it?

Any help?

I also see the satellite icon in the LargeTitleBar.dll, did you try any changes in there?
largetitlebar is just as it says, jut the icons for the title bar when you enlarge the start bar. dont see if having anything to do wit the actual start bar becuse the signal icon is what is in the file and not whats on the start bar.......??
stupid signal icon is killin me, i changed it in my file, and it shows the sat dish in the file, but does not show up on the phone.

we also need to change the OK and quickemnu button..

tried to change the NOtify, did it successfully, but after i did it i lost the option to dismiss the alarm/alert.....weird, so went back to original and all works

Last edited by Brock1909; 11-10-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just updated my Diamond with a rom that contains Sys 19972. I noticed that the Dlls psoted here don't work. It appears that the icons are in a different spot in the Dlls. I tried copying the original Dlls off the phone so I can replace the icons myself but its giving me the "Access Denied" error message.

Does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

With the speaker Icon it changes the look once you click it where you have to click an arrow to go from system to phone, how do we get the old look back?

As you can see the Vibrate and Silent are real small font as well.

Last edited by tsowen; 11-11-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
With the speaker Icon it changes the look once you click it where you have to click an arrow to go from system to phone, how do we get the old look back?

As you can see the Vibrate and Silent are real small font as well.
Here, try this one. It preserved the look for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCVolumeControl.zip (29.6 KB, 758 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

nice work, i like some of the stuff in here

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond