PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
In very limmited testing it appears this also fixes the same issue on the titan!

THANK YOU!!!
Ditto!!

I have often wondered which gprs & sim card reg entries we really need in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scidmail View Post
Can anyone tell me how to see the display in decimal format in Total Commander. I see a string like SilverSX80 saw, but I don't have the option on the item to switch between hex and decimal.
I would recommend FdcSoft Task Manager (dotFred) and gsfinder+. I used to run totalcommander, but there's nothing it can do that the combo of the other cant. plus they do much more.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
the first line is perfect change the second line to 00 00 00 00
That solved my call answer delay (or unable to answer) problem when connected.

FYI to anyone else, I'd never changed the connection setting in Advanced Config, but I DID change them in Diamond Tweak, so apparently you can mess up the registry for this item there as well.

Barb
Old 10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

I will give this a try on my mogul and see...
Old 10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
That solved my call answer delay (or unable to answer) problem when connected.

FYI to anyone else, I'd never changed the connection setting in Advanced Config, but I DID change them in Diamond Tweak, so apparently you can mess up the registry for this item there as well.

Barb
I don't know about ACT 3.3, but in 3.2 these settings were changed automatically when installed.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Diamond Tweak can mess it up too though. I don't have Advanced Config any more. After correcting the registry and making sure it worked, I went back into Diamond Tweak and selected disconnect after 1min (recommended setting). Performed a soft reset and tested by connecting to the internet and then calling myself. The delay/difficulty in answering was back. I then changed Diamond Tweak to Disable disconnection and did a soft reset. I tested again and it still would not pick up the call when connected to the internet. I had to go back into the registry and correct the entry. Now it answers correctly even when I'm connected to EVDO service.

Now my question is, if I have it check mail say every 4 hours will it disconnect the EVDO service in between the times it polls for new mail? If it does not disconnect, will this have an adverse affect on battery life?

Barb
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Diamond Tweak can mess it up too though. I don't have Advanced Config any more. After correcting the registry and making sure it worked, I went back into Diamond Tweak and selected disconnect after 1min (recommended setting). Performed a soft reset and tested by connecting to the internet and then calling myself. The delay/difficulty in answering was back. I then changed Diamond Tweak to Disable disconnection and did a soft reset. I tested again and it still would not pick up the call when connected to the internet. I had to go back into the registry and correct the entry. Now it answers correctly even when I'm connected to EVDO service.

Now my question is, if I have it check mail say every 4 hours will it disconnect the EVDO service in between the times it polls for new mail? If it does not disconnect, will this have an adverse affect on battery life?

Barb
The connection should go inactive, which will not affect battery life - most of the time. But you have to watch it. I have seen the connection stay active at times when it should have gone inactive. So I check the arrows from time to time. If they stay white when they should not be, I turn off the Data Connection manually.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So, it's a trade off of missing calls or possibly running down the battery.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

no, just do the data disconnect reg tweak manually, or with Juggalo X's 60sec timout cab

Last edited by shaggylive; 10-30-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
So, it's a trade off of missing calls or possibly running down the battery.
Turning off the Data Connection will not disable the phone radio. You will still receive calls. And if you have to turn off the Data Connection to stop an active connection, you can always turn it right back on again if your email check does not turn it back on automatically.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
no, just do the data disconnect reg tweak manually, or with Juggalo X's 60sec timout cab
I installed Juggalo's cab file and I still get the delay answering (or I can't answer) if there's a data connection. Does that happen for anyone else?

The only way I can guarantee answering a call when there's a data connection is to manually return the registry to the point where it has no disconnect incorporated. Hence the reason for my earlier comment that either I cannot guarantee answering my calls, or I run the chance of running my battery down with a data connection that stays active. (even though it "should" go into the inactive state.)

Barb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond