PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40427)

snovvman 10-14-2008 04:56 PM

Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
I had the same problem as many others: When data is on (active or dormant, EVDO or 1xRTT (dormant), it takes many seconds for the calls to be answered, the phone keeps ringing even though I pressed the answer key.

It does appear that one of the tweak applications created the problem, at least for some. After much research, this may be it...

Take a look at your HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

When I used PHM Regedit to correct this, it seemed to crash (the reg editor never crashed before now). I had to use SKTool's regedit. I will create an export if this will help you.

Once I changed it back to #777, I can answer the call immediately when data is on, time and time again. Prior to this, there was a significant delay.

Please let me know if this works for you.


Edit: I also noticed that, with this correction, after the call, the data goes back to dormant rather than disconnected.

JaxDreamFunding 10-14-2008 05:00 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
I will try this and see if it help! My fingers are crossed...

JaxDreamFunding 10-14-2008 05:02 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
I made the change with Resco RegEdit and it did not crash...will let you know how the answer problems works after this...

cappy 10-14-2008 05:16 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 458469)
I had the same problem as many others: When data is on (active or dormant, EVDO or 1xRTT (dormant), it takes many seconds for the calls to be answered, the phone keeps ringing even though I pressed the answer key.

It does appear that one of the tweak applications created the problem, at least for some. After much research, this may be it...

Take a look at your HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

When I used PHM Regedit to correct this, it seemed to crash (the reg editor never crashed before now). I had to use SKTool's regedit. I will create an export if this will help you.

Once I changed it back to #777, I can answer the call immediately when data is on, time and time again. Prior to this, there was a significant delay.

Please let me know if this works for you.


Edit: I also noticed that, with this correction, after the call, the data goes back to dormant rather than disconnected.

Very good Snovvman. All of the information that I have been gathering tells me that you have found it, including your last comment about the data connection going back on. That was one of the symptoms. You found what no one else has and have been able to reproduce the solution. I cannot try it because I did already reset, but I hope others will try it and report back.


Edit: I think I am going to re-install Advanced Config and see what settings may be the culprit. There is an active thread on Advanced Config at XDA. You may want to let Schapps know what you found once you get some confirmation that this has solved others' answer problems.

Edit2: I installed and ran Advanced Config. It did not change the #777 value and there is nothing obvious under the phone settings. If it is in Advanced Config, it is probably a value that the user changes manually.

snovvman 10-14-2008 06:09 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappy (Post 458508)
Very good Snovvman. All of the information that I have been gathering tells me that you have found it, including your last comment about the data connection going back on. That was one of the symptoms. You found what no one else has and have been able to reproduce the solution. I cannot try it because I did already reset, but I hope others will try it and report back.


Edit: I think I am going to re-install Advanced Config and see what settings may be the culprit. There is an active thread on Advanced Config at XDA. You may want to let Schapps know what you found once you get some confirmation that this has solved others' answer problems.

Edit2: I installed and ran Advanced Config. It did not change the #777 value and there is nothing obvious under the phone settings. If it is in Advanced Config, it is probably a value that the user changes manually.

Thanks for your help cappy. After I asked you for those values, I realized I had another Diamond in my car. After comparing the two's registry, it was obvious that GPRS did not belong. I came to that key because of all the posts I read at XDA. Some of the people got close, but never found the link. Clearly, this will only work for CDMA phones. I do hope it works for others. If this is shown to work, I will post at XDA.

BTW, try changing the timout value under "Connections" in Advanced Config. That may be when the registry gets changed.

cappy 10-14-2008 06:47 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 458592)
Thanks for your help cappy.
BTW, try changing the timout value under "Connections" in Advanced Config. That may be when the registry gets changed.

There was no timeout setting under Data Connections, but I toggled each setting, one at a time, and reset. Did the same with Phone settings. No change to the #777 field. Also looked down the entire list of settings and nothing obvious jumped out. Schapps will know. I also checked for the problem again with a couple of incoming calls with Data On. Works fine. Once you get a few responses from others who have the problem now, you will know for sure.

snovvman 10-14-2008 07:04 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappy (Post 458644)
There was no timeout setting under Data Connections, but I toggled each setting, one at a time, and reset. Did the same with Phone settings. No change to the #777 field. Also looked down the entire list of settings and nothing obvious jumped out. Schapps will know. I also checked for the problem again with a couple of incoming calls with Data On. Works fine. Once you get a few responses from others who have the problem now, you will know for sure.

In Advanced Config, choose "Menu" (right soft key), then "More Settings", then "Connections". Check the box and set it to a time of your choosing.

In this post, you indicated you used Advanced Config to set the timeout, so I thought you knew where it was.

Let me know. Thanks.

cappy 10-14-2008 07:22 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
Bingo! That was it. Yes, I did know, but too many things to remember. Anyway, I made the change and it changed the SuspenseResume setting to GPRS.... Made a call to the phone with data on and the delayed answer was back! Changed back to #777 and it works fine again. I think that the guesswork is gone. This is the ticket. Change back to #777 and all should be well. Doing this does uncheck the Connection timeout. Can't have it both ways. Good job.

JaxDreamFunding 10-14-2008 11:17 PM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
I tested this this evening...and it works. I have had several phone calls and after applying this modification and all of my calls have answered immediately -- NO DELAY. Excellent fine!!! Thanks!

dallastx 10-15-2008 01:12 AM

Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)
 
Do yall not have the ignore button issue? Where if you press the ignore button it dosent do anything but mute the call...You can keep pressing it as many times as you want and it want send the called to voicemail..Also if you press it, you cant get off that screen until the call hangs up or goes to VM. I checked the registry didnt see anythign strange..still saw #777. One thing i did notice when i turned of data on phone and turned back on...it start working...Im trying to reproduce this problem so i can figure out what is causing it..I know its not just my phone, this is my second Diamond. Anyone else sometime or all the time have Ignore button issue?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0