PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

In very limmited testing it appears this also fixes the same issue on the titan!

THANK YOU!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
I had the same problem as many others: When data is on (active or dormant, EVDO or 1xRTT (dormant), it takes many seconds for the calls to be answered, the phone keeps ringing even though I pressed the answer key.

It does appear that one of the tweak applications created the problem, at least for some. After much research, this may be it...

Take a look at your HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

When I used PHM Regedit to correct this, it seemed to crash (the reg editor never crashed before now). I had to use SKTool's regedit. I will create an export if this will help you.

Once I changed it back to #777, I can answer the call immediately when data is on, time and time again. Prior to this, there was a significant delay.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Edit: I also noticed that, with this correction, after the call, the data goes back to dormant rather than disconnected.
it should say #777 by default unless your running a rom that doesnt have the GSM chit cleaned out and is not carrirer provisioned corredtly

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

when I view that entry on stock sprint all I see is

23 00 37 00 37 00 37 00 00 00 00 00
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
when I view that entry on stock sprint all I see is

23 00 37 00 37 00 37 00 00 00 00 00
thats hex for #777
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

silversx80 is just getting started

OK, I see:
7E 00 47 00 50 00 52 00
53 00 21 00 00 00 00 00

Should I change that to the above mentioned?

Last edited by silversx80; 10-15-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversx80 View Post
OK, I see:
7E 00 47 00 50 00 52 00
53 00 21 00 00 00 00 00

Should I change that to the above mentioned?
change the options ot display values in decimal. then see what it reads.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

silversx80 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
change the options ot display values in decimal. then see what it reads.
Ah ha, ~GPRS!

Changing... thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
it should say #777 by default unless your running a rom that doesnt have the GSM chit cleaned out and is not carrirer provisioned corredtly
No, Advanced Config is writing to that value when timeout setting is altered, causing problems for many.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
No, Advanced Config is writing to that value when timeout setting is altered, causing problems for many.
thats why i dont use advanced config, half the tweaks dont work as they are for GSM.

i just import my reg tweaks. that way i dont have to clean up the mess some ofthe tweaking apps make.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Retired Staff

Here is a CAB installer that resets "SuspendResume" to #777 and sets "CacheTime" to 60

Cab updated, fixed error in reg setting.

Thanks to G10 for catching it.

Last edited by Mr. X; 11-06-2008 at 11:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 24 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond