PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: telus htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus

ojuice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

Since there are no real solutions to automatically disable data connections, while you edited SuspendResume there are options. For those who have e-mail linked to their phone might want to try this:

1. Start>Settings>Personal>Buttons( on the bottom of the screen are tabs, click END tab.) Now check off Automatically execute the selected action. Then check off Terminate data connection.

*Note* This option is great for when you notice data connection running. Just hold the END key to turn it off.

2. Having e-mail accounts on your device also start your connection. When setting up accounts you have options whether to Manually check mail or have the device check on a timed basis, the less checks it makes the better on battery life. I have mine set to EVERY 4 HOURS theres also ONCE A DAY.
Now After that click ADVANCED SETTINGS and UNCHECK Send/Receive when i click Send.
***That option solves alot of problems. people don't realize with that option active, every time you press the Send key Data connection starts up to check for e-mail.

I hope this helps. Would be nice if there was a program that would keep my #777 in Suspend/Resume and automatically disable data connection. Advanced Config & Diamond Tweak dont work, they just set it back to GPRS in Suspend/Resume. Making it impossible to answer phone calls without a delay.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

RickRed40 is just getting started
Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

I can't thank you enough for this solution. I was missing very important calls and couldn't figure out why until I googled the problem and found this thread. Changing the value to 777 allowed me to answer calls when the data setting was on.

Question since I have both Configuration programs on my phone HD and Advance Cong, can I uninstall these programs without damaging any phone settings I've made with them.

I've learned my lesson. Next time I do registry settings on my own.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRed40
I can't thank you enough for this solution. I was missing very important calls and couldn't figure out why until I googled the problem and found this thread. Changing the value to 777 allowed me to answer calls when the data setting was on.

Question since I have both Configuration programs on my phone HD and Advance Cong, can I uninstall these programs without damaging any phone settings I've made with them.

I've learned my lesson. Next time I do registry settings on my own.
In Advanced Config you can export changes you have made with it to a file so if something changes after you uninstall you can change those values back manually. I would use a Registry Editor like PHM to backup your registry before you uninstall then you could just restore your registry with that backup.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Movilnet

cptaj is becoming a great contributor

I have an HTC Imagio and a GSM line. It's configured to GSM only and I'm running the latest EnergyROM. I was experiencing this issue where I can't answer incoming calls.

I read up on the solution you linked but it didn't work for me. In fact, EnergyROM already comes with the #777 entry. I changed the CacheTime entry from 600 to 60 and used advanced config to set a 10 min disconnect. This changed my SuspendResume entry to "GPRS_bye_if_device_off" which, coupled with the 60 cachetime seems to have solved the issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:06 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptaj View Post
I have an HTC Imagio and a GSM line. It's configured to GSM only and I'm running the latest EnergyROM. I was experiencing this issue where I can't answer incoming calls.

I read up on the solution you linked but it didn't work for me. In fact, EnergyROM already comes with the #777 entry. I changed the CacheTime entry from 600 to 60 and used advanced config to set a 10 min disconnect. This changed my SuspendResume entry to "GPRS_bye_if_device_off" which, coupled with the 60 cachetime seems to have solved the issue.
yes, this thread is for CDMA service. I do thank you for all the precise details as someday I may incorporate dual radio options into the script.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond