PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond
Carrier: Sprint

slash007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

Well, just to go on tday, this morning after exactly four hours I had only 50% battery left and I only spent about 15 min. total talking on the phone, did not use the internet, and browsed on the phone for about another 30 min. I came from a touch and I could easily get to 5-6pm before I hit 50%
Old 10-03-2008, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
Well, just to go on tday, this morning after exactly four hours I had only 50% battery left and I only spent about 15 min. total talking on the phone, did not use the internet, and browsed on the phone for about another 30 min. I came from a touch and I could easily get to 5-6pm before I hit 50%

thats crazy. I used to get that on my Mogul. But with teh diamond I dont at all. And thats even using the music player on the bus in the morning for 45 mins, texting a ton. I can make it normally from 7AM to 3PM
and get to 50%
Old 10-03-2008, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

ocbizlaw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDMB View Post
And to be honest I dont miss the keyboard at all. I hardly used it before any way.

I agree. I rarely used the keyboard on my 6700. I rarely had two thmbs free at the same time. The compact qwerty with predictive text is great.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kingabraham3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
and i agree with that but people dont make accurate comparisons about other phones battery life. A flip phone may last a lot longer, but youre also not watching youtube, surfing full web pages (higher data use), getting weather, push email, etc etc. With more features comes more battery drain. But then if you turn off or dont use any of the features then youve wasted money compared to buying a flip phone. So its that balance of features vs battery life, you cant have both to the extremes

Thats just how PPCs are. Ive been experiencing pretty much average battery life compared to my previous PPC's- 6600,6700,mogul, touch, 700wx, 800w, etc etc. there are subtle battery difference like the mogul and 700wx definantly lasted longer but they were larger devices with bigger battery capacity to start with. i mean i took mine off the charger at about 8am, basically in standby up to now with 2 email accounts checking every 2 hours and still have 86% battery left and its 4 pm- so 8 hours later.
i don't think you quite got my point. here's to clarify:

it's all about marginal utility. the first day is extremely valuable, but after that, its just adding to the total, rather than accomplishing any feat of its own (namely, lasting a full day without charge).
Old 10-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Yeah and my Mogul wasn't much of an upgrade from my dad's bag phone...
hahaha.. funny.. thanks for the laugh!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

ocbizlaw is a n00b

For me one day battery life is the gold standard because I can charge at night. Let's face it, unless you're camping for days or you work 24 hour shifts why is it relevant if the battery last 2 or 3 days? All you have to do is get through ond day and charge at night. At the same time, I disagree that value of the device is near zero if it doesn't last a day. I can make it last a day by turning off unneeded features but that 's rarely necessary because I rarely go a whole day away from some power source (computer USB or car charger).

Having said that, I do note that my laptop USB power source is not sufficient to charge the phone when it's in use. The phone will continue to discharge while on USB (even though it says charging). So I have an extra AC adapter at work. But when that becomes necessary you are starting to face serious limitations.

All that said, I love the phone.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kingabraham3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbizlaw View Post
For me one day battery life is the gold standard because I can charge at night. Let's face it, unless you're camping for days or you work 24 hour shifts why is it relevant if the battery last 2 or 3 days? All you have to do is get through ond day and charge at night. At the same time, I disagree that value of the device is near zero if it doesn't last a day. I can make it last a day by turning off unneeded features but that 's rarely necessary because I rarely go a whole day away from some power source (computer USB or car charger).

Having said that, I do note that my laptop USB power source is not sufficient to charge the phone when it's in use. The phone will continue to discharge while on USB (even though it says charging). So I have an extra AC adapter at work. But when that becomes necessary you are starting to face serious limitations.

All that said, I love the phone.
in the power settings, make sure to uncheck the option "when the device is turned on, do not charge the battery when connecte to the PC."
Old 10-04-2008, 03:46 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

While I'm not going to bother to return my Diamond I would consider the following reasons to return it -

BAD battery life vs. my HTC Touch

BAD BT vs my HTC Touch - same headset I've used with the touch, mogul and my HTC PDA phone before it. Static on my Diamond.

I can live with the other issues with the Diamond but those two are pretty serious.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

well BT can always be fixed in an update, this is only ROM #1 from them. The mogul/touch have had multiple so gotta give that time. Even battery life can get better with a new ROM (more likely radio) update.

i still have to agree idk what kinda crack the OP is smoking. the hardware alone with a vga screen, 3.2mp autofocus camera, accelerometer, touch sensative wheel, faster processor, more RAM, etc etc is MUCH better and a huge upgrade. let alone the touchflo3d, youtube player, and the other apps they include.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingabraham3 View Post
i don't think you quite got my point. here's to clarify:

it's all about marginal utility. the first day is extremely valuable, but after that, its just adding to the total, rather than accomplishing any feat of its own (namely, lasting a full day without charge).
well im sorry you have still not really explained it well (although i get what you meant) and things like "barrety" are making it even less clear and using terms without explaining what you mean because the chart means nothing to a normal person. Marginal utility and value at given life are vague at best as an explanation.

i do get youre saying all that matters is it lasts the first day and anything extra is great, but the problem is th emost complaints is it wont even last that fisrt day, which again i say is just over-expectations. 1 hour call and 30 min of browsing and then complaining why its dead by 3pm- well obviously youve just killed 1/3 of youre battery in usage duh it wont last the whole day. People jsut dont seem to want to accept if you use the phone the battery goes down, and you have to regulate youre usage i you want it to last all day- just like every other PPC is existance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond