PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

Quote:
BTW>>> Magnetic stylus, dumbest reason ever for a phone to be mentioned as being better than another phone... cause those styluses are always just flying all over the place.
It's a reason nonetheless, among many other solid reasons I have mentioned.

I do not have a problem with battery life myself. The VGA screen is beautiful, and Windows Mobile is very responsive in general.

This is the best phone I have had.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
some of the replies here to the op are way to harsh.... i feel a need for some warnings
...and some of his replies are quite harsh too, don't you think?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

mherald81 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
It's funny that no other person who posted in this thread actually said why they thought the Diamond is better than the Touch.... Only knocked me for having an opinion. And sorry to the 'Know all phone geeks' for making a mistake on the processor, 1000 apologies.. now get the F over yourselves.

As stated above by king, and IN MY OPINION... Besides the screen, the Diamond is not $249 better than the Touch.... not yet.

BTW>>> Magnetic stylus, dumbest reason ever for a phone to be mentioned as being better than another phone... cause those styluses are always just flying all over the place.
I think the Diamond is better than the Touch. I do agree that the battery life does suck, but I am always near a computer and have no problem charging my phone at work. Plus, this isn't an iPhone and I can invest in a 2nd battery.

The screen on the Diamond is a much appreciated upgrade for me, since I use Slingplayer a lot and the video looks much better than it did on my Touch. Plus the screen, even though not as good as the iPhone, is more visible in the sunlight than the Touch. GPS seems to be much better on my Diamond, which locks in 5 seconds or less for me. On my Touch it would sometimes take 30 seconds. WiFi is nice! I really missed it on my Touch since the EVDO coverage at my home is not so great. As far as the magnetic stylus, you must have never owned a PPC6700 because I've lost several styli with that phone. So it's nice to feel a little more confident that I won't loose a stylus again, even though I never lost one with my Touch. Oh, and it's nice that the Diamond turns on automatically when I pull the stylus out. The G-Sen is nice feature that I like. It may be laggy at times, but there are tweaks out there to make it much better. I think the sound quality on the Touch is much worst than the Diamond.

Other things that I like about the Diamond over the Touch are that it has more RAM and a faster processor. The camera is also usable on this phone, the one on the Touch was junk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
I think the Diamond is better than the Touch. I do agree that the battery life does suck, but I am always near a computer and have no problem charging my phone at work. Plus, this isn't an iPhone and I can invest in a 2nd battery.

The screen on the Diamond is a much appreciated upgrade for me, since I use Slingplayer a lot and the video looks much better than it did on my Touch. Plus the screen, even though not as good as the iPhone, is more visible in the sunlight than the Touch. GPS seems to be much better on my Diamond, which locks in 5 seconds or less for me. On my Touch it would sometimes take 30 seconds. WiFi is nice! I really missed it on my Touch since the EVDO coverage at my home is not so great. As far as the magnetic stylus, you must have never owned a PPC6700 because I've lost several styli with that phone. So it's nice to feel a little more confident that I won't loose a stylus again, even though I never lost one with my Touch. Oh, and it's nice that the Diamond turns on automatically when I pull the stylus out. The G-Sen is nice feature that I like. It may be laggy at times, but there are tweaks out there to make it much better. I think the sound quality on the Touch is much worst than the Diamond.

Other things that I like about the Diamond over the Touch are that it has more RAM and a faster processor. The camera is also usable on this phone, the one on the Touch was junk.
Well said.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

Conclusion: Diamond is the best Smartphone, if not the best all-purpose phone, that sprint currently have. it is not perfect but it is the phone which brings the most excitment to the sprint community.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shortstack2000 is a n00b

alot of people can keep going back and forth, but for me the diamond is a great upgrade over my mogul. No longer do i have a brick taking up my pocket. Even though i had custom rom on the mogul, the interface on the diamond is so nice, very easy to use and user friendly. A BIG Plus. Its kinds nice having the onboard memory, and the screen and camera are PERFECT. I like having movies on my phone where i can actually see what is going on in the screen. I dont miss my keyboard, and yes i do text much, but still its not that bad. Overall, its very easy to use and much simpler for my friends to pick up this phone and use it, as where there heads were lost up there arse trying to do anything with the mogul.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i have a touch and a diamond, when my first diamond took a crap and sprint sent me a new one i had to use my touch again for 2 days and it was driving me nutz. the touch looked like somethind from the 80s. i love the fact that removing styli prompts phone on. not a dealbreaker but very cool feature. as for people needing warnings, the mods will step in when needed.like my touch but love my diamond.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

i still love my mogul..no matter what lol

Old 10-03-2008, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
some of the replies here to the op are way to harsh.... i feel a need for some warnings
Some people just get so defensive when you suggest that they might not have the greatest device of all time... the iPhone guys seem to be really bad about this.

I am completely happy with my Diamond although I do have some problems with it... battery life being the big one.

Anyway, even if your device happens to be the super greatest thing around, it's not going to be in a couple months when the next big thing hits so no reason to get all bent out of shape if someone knocks it... right?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

also, what people seem to forget is how crappy the mogul and the touch were day one, just give it some time and the awesome developers that be will have some pretty nifty upgraded roms to ease what problems are out there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond