PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you want on your todayscreen?
i will keep using the TF3d. 309 80.05%
i will (or will soon) be going back to the normal WM style Today screen. 77 19.95%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How many of you are still using TF3D? How many went back to the normal Today Scre

Does Juicy's ROM have the Diamond TF3D Config tool? I have it on one of my GSM roms and the performance is drastically better. No complaints here at all right now
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How many of you are still using TF3D? How many went back to the normal Today Scre

For you guys that are switching back and forth, do you notice any difference in battery life?

I've been using the TF3D since I got my phone, and haven't seriously considered switching it off.

Clint
Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
cool. i understand.

the whole reason i asked this question is because the TF3d does look way cool. the more i use it the more i like it. i have not switched to the normal wm todayscreen yet. i just got it yesterday. i just have been thinking about it.

things like weather panel and phone alarm i have missed. i think i may give that second today screen app a shot this weekend.

Thanks everyone for you votes and taking the poll.

cody
i beleive phone alarm has a TF3D tab plugin now?? or am i wrong. also codyppc, i recognize you from treo central i know your not a noob by any means so you might have already looked into this.

also TF3D is a love affair with me lol im cheeting on my old beloved WM interface with it. i just love the look and functionality.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
using the diamond with out tf3d would be like using your d*ck with out your b*lls LOL

You always have to F**KING funnies post
Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
You always have to F**KING funnies post
what can i say i like a laugh :P
Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

If you can't go through life laughing then what is the point of it all?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
i'm not trying to pick a fight, but.... if you think everyone bought the diamond for the fancy TF3d UI.... you're crazy. this device is so much more than some fancy main screen. i like having more than one calendar event showing, weather, and whatever todayscreen plugin i want to use, right there on the main screen so i dont have to go anywhere else to get it.

one of the things that bugs me is i actually have to open the whole message just to mark it read. it would have been nice if the preview thing would consider it read.

i upgraded for the memory, flush screen, size, ect. not necessarily the TF3d.

juggalo, i know you are helpful here and what not, but you're coment was out of line. just because a person goes with out tf3d doesn't mean they dont know whats up. it's just there preferance.

no fighting... Cody
you actually don't have to open up the whole message for the phone to register it as read! just viewing it on the screen marks it as read for me...can anyone else confirm this
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK
Carrier: Sprint

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
you actually don't have to open up the whole message for the phone to register it as read! just viewing it on the screen marks it as read for me...can anyone else confirm this
does it for me too, after about 5 sec or so, it changes to read
Old 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i beleive phone alarm has a TF3D tab plugin now?? or am i wrong. also codyppc, i recognize you from treo central i know your not a noob by any means so you might have already looked into this.

also TF3D is a love affair with me lol im cheeting on my old beloved WM interface with it. i just love the look and functionality.
KING CODY I get to share some knowlege with you finally!!! woot lol jk

In phone alarm in the advanced options there is an option called tf3d support or manilla support. Before you check that make sure to disable the tf3d then reboot oh and enable pa before you reboot. Your diamond will boot up to the old today screen and you will see pa there (if you already set it active on the today screen) the left soft key will say manilla. You can click that and get the tf3d. Everytime you are on the 1st tab of tf3d the left softkey it will say today screen instead of phone.

Last edited by biggggant; 09-24-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
KING CODY I get to share some knowlege with you finally!!! woot lol jk

In phone alarm in the advanced options there is an option called tf3d support or manilla support. Before you check that make sure to disable the tf3d then reboot oh and enable pa before you reboot. Your diamond will boot up to the old today screen and you will see pa there (if you already set it active on the today screen) the left soft key will say manilla. You can click that and get the tf3d. Everytime you are on the 1st tab of tf3d the left softkey it will say today screen instead of phone.
this is essentially a toggle between the TF3D today plugin and the PA one i take it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond