PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remote Desktop on Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
You need to enable it in control panel and your firewall.

Start>Control Panel>System>Remote>Check Allow users to connect remotely to this computer

Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Firewall exceptions>Make sure Remote Desktop is an exception

Also, your computer MUST have a password
i did do all this.... and i can get remote desktop working while my phone is connected via usb, but when i disconnect i'm getting errors...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

it won't even work via wifi connection... hmmmm, only with usb cable... odd, right?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

when logging into remote desktop from my diamond it asks for 4 things.
1- computer...that is what my computer is named right? aka: computer description
2- user name...that is what my user name is on my computer? Im the only user on my computer so my computer is my first and last name.
3- password...to login to windows? which I just created (and rebooted since)
4- domain...Is this asking for my ip that ipchicken.com shows?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

1- computer...external ip of your pc
2- user name..yup
3- password. yup
4- domain...not really needed

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 PM
The Playboy Boy

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
1- computer...external ip of your pc
2- user name..yup
3- password. yup
4- domain...not really needed
thanks. got it to connect.
for #1 I used the ip that www.ipchicken.com gives me and left the domain blank and it worked!
I just dont like how it resized everything on my desktop and relocated all my desktop icons all over the place.

Last edited by Curb71; 10-01-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

question... will this work to a computer that is connected via my wifi router, not ethernet cable?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
thanks. got it to connect.
for #1 I used the ip that www.ipchicken.com gives me and left the domain blank and it worked!
I just dont like how it resized everything on my desktop and relocated all my desktop icons all over the place.
r u connected via usb, or wifi or evdo? I can't get this to work for the life of me except with usb... but who needs it with the usb connected, ya know?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 PM
The Playboy Boy

evdo.
if you did the ipchicken ip, your computers login name, and password and left domain blank it has to be something else. you can go to www.canyouseeme.org and enter in the port you forwarded (3389) and see if it says success! or error.
did you have a static ip address? what kind of router? there are "guides by router" on www.portforward.com for forwarding your ports.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mabmarc is keeping up the good workmabmarc is keeping up the good work

Another great tool is Logmein.com (and it is free). It works like remote desktop but you don't have to make any router changes to get it to work. I find that the scaling on it works a little better than rdp also.

Yet another great tool is Shape Services RDM+ (sorry, not free). It has a client that will store your computers name and info so all you have to do is click it to initiate the connection. It is very quick and the scaling works well. It will work without any router changes also.

Both look excellent on the diamonds screen.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
evdo.
if you did the ipchicken ip, your computers login name, and password and left domain blank it has to be something else. you can go to www.canyouseeme.org and enter in the port you forwarded (3389) and see if it says success! or error.
did you have a static ip address? what kind of router? there are "guides by router" on www.portforward.com for forwarding your ports.
i'm good with port 3389... i just don't know whats wrong here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond