PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
Okay, please be gentle.

I have installed the cab over the ROM, I still only get text messages with web links, which open Opera like the (crappy) old days.

Are some of you saying you have REAL pic mail?

When I send a message, the message is staying in MY inbox (although I did confirm they go through to a Touch, which is using sMMS with no trouble).

I do not get a camera icon and I never get a picture, just a crappy old link.

What am I missing?

Thanks
First, you have to sign up for Picture Mail and create an account with your phone number.

Second, there should be no reason to install Pic Mail software cab. The Sprint Diamond comes with it installed. If you go to the mail tab, click on the little mail icon(on mine it is the lowest one) and click Menu and select New Mail. That will start Pic Mail program. Add contact, add media, click send.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ret2961 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkates View Post
First, you have to sign up for Picture Mail and create an account with your phone number.

Second, there should be no reason to install Pic Mail software cab. The Sprint Diamond comes with it installed. If you go to the mail tab, click on the little mail icon(on mine it is the lowest one) and click Menu and select New Mail. That will start Pic Mail program. Add contact, add media, click send.
Sorry to be a bother...I have an account (everything plan) and I used sMMS with no trouble on the Touch.

I set up the account and I have sent pics before (although they remain in my inbox for some reason). I have not RECEIVED a pic message yet, all I get is links (the old way).

Someone said they are getting camera icons when they have new pic mail and I am guessing the mail is in that account. I don't get that...I get the old school text-link-browser option...
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

theclerk74 is keeping up the good worktheclerk74 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sorry to be a bother...I have an account (everything plan) and I used sMMS with no trouble on the Touch.

I set up the account and I have sent pics before (although they remain in my inbox for some reason). I have not RECEIVED a pic message yet, all I get is links (the old way).

Someone said they are getting camera icons when they have new pic mail and I am guessing the mail is in that account. I don't get that...I get the old school text-link-browser option...
I am experiencing the same thing. I'm going to keep messing with it. hopefully someone here can shed some light on what we need to do different!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:

When I said you need to have a Picture Mail account, I was not talking about the plan you have on your phone, I was talking about going to the Picture Mail website and signing up. Go to the page I have linked to and enter your phone number and select "No, send me a password". When you get the password, log onto the website with your phone number and the password you get. It will take you a page to set your own password.

After you have done that, you should be able to send and recieve Pic Mail in your Mail tab. It will be the small icon on the right, probably on the bottom. They will display as a threaded conversation kind of like it does with sms.

Picture Mail Sign Up Page https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/signup.do?frmSignup=true
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

iamjasonc is just getting started

so I just got off the phone with Sprint technical support. She had a Diamond there that **** used to send me a picture, and hers did the same thing. The outgoing message went into her inbox and when i sent her a picture back, she got the text instead of it going into the picture mail inbox....

i'm not gonna lie...i kinda dont like this phone
Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

theclerk74 is keeping up the good worktheclerk74 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
When I said you need to have a Picture Mail account, I was not talking about the plan you have on your phone, I was talking about going to the Picture Mail website and signing up. Go to the page I have linked to and enter your phone number and select "No, send me a password". When you get the password, log onto the website with your phone number and the password you get. It will take you a page to set your own password.

After you have done that, you should be able to send and recieve Pic Mail in your Mail tab. It will be the small icon on the right, probably on the bottom. They will display as a threaded conversation kind of like it does with sms.

Picture Mail Sign Up Page https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/signup.do?frmSignup=true
I don't know if that's it. I have a picture mail account. when I clicked your link, it says Welcome back Cameron.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

I understand, boss. I was saying I have had pc mail set up for a year (using it through sMMS, which requires an active account). I just don't get how some of us have it and some don't (although I haven't seen screenshots of camera icon)...Don't make no sense to me...

I click send/receive, nothing. And like I been saying, for some reason the stuff I send stays in my inbox...

(sigh)
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul PPC 6800

Jeslatino120 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeslatino120

okay well same here i have the mogul and i downloaded the .cab -- okay so i am able to send the picture through picture mail send great awesome i love it cause now i can send audio with the pic .. smms didn't allow that (still love smms) -- but yeah when i receive the picture i get it through the old way as text message .. still working to get it all set up here if i find how to make it work i will be more than happy to let youll know how .. peace
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

jason12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
so I just got off the phone with Sprint technical support. She had a Diamond there that **** used to send me a picture, and hers did the same thing. The outgoing message went into her inbox and when i sent her a picture back, she got the text instead of it going into the picture mail inbox....

i'm not gonna lie...i kinda dont like this phone
Mine does the exact same thing.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

No one really answered me....is someone saying they have REAL pic mail? It seems most of us do NOT...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond