PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JoJoCal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
mine works! i am using Juicy v1.1 rom though
Hey badboy, can you explain how yours works through the Juicy rom? Does it work like the OPs or do you have to go through a link?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
It don't work for me yet...It's there but it won't send any messages and the ones I get come to me the old way, as a link inside a text message.

Any ideas?
I don't know if this will help you but I had problem trying to send when I clicked on "New" to create a new message. I tried a work around where I opened PIE so the internet would start then I opened the Sprint Picture Mail and New then it got my information and worked.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
mine works! i am using Juicy v1.1 rom though

So you're on Sprint, using a Sprint Diamond, with the Telus Juicy 1.1 rom and MMS works?

Interesting, wouldn't doesn't Telus have different server settings than Sprint? What's further interesting is the fact that it may perhaps be full blown MMS or are both carriers using the same "fix"..

-CC
Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i send messages thru the new sprint carrier pigeon service, i take a pic with my phone go down to walgreens and print it out then i get a sprint carrier pigeon to deliver the picture to the person that i am sending the picture to.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was able to get the Picture Mail working as per the OPs (technically)out of the box. It just took a whole day until it started working. I couldnt send picturemail until I asked someone to send me a picturemail me. I got no notification for the entire day...then I went to Send/Recieve within the Sprint Picture Mail Inbox a few hours after the pic was sent and my Diamond took a long time to initialize everything but in the end I successfully recieved the MMS.

Just to add, I had a Samsung Instinct before this with a Talk/Message/Data family plan so my account was already setup for Picture Mail. This could be the deciding factor. You guys may need to call Sprint about this as this could just be an account setup issue.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

I finally got around to testing Picture Mail and it works. I have a Sprint Diamond I got yesterday and it is the stock rom. I did not install any .cabs to make it work.

When I first got my phone and clicked on Pic Mail icon, it gave me an error when starting up. I did not try to send or recieve anything. I remembered that I had to sign up for Pic Mail with my new phone number so I did that. I still did not try it out yet.

I was playing around with other stuff to edit thouchflow and I started getting errors so since I had not done a lot of customizing yet, I decided to do a hard reset and see what would happen if I didn't let customization run, so I did a soft reset before it ran. After it started back up, customization ran anyway so I just let it run and then went to bed.

I have not done anything else to my phone yet so I tried Pic Mail again. I did not get the error during start up so I sent my sister a picture. She is on att and I did not have to enter anything, just selected her phone number from contacts. I told her to send one back if she got it. She just sent me a pic and it showed up on my phone in my mail folder in the pic mail account. I did not have to go to a web page to download it or save it.

The only thing I can think of for people having problems is that maybe you need to sign up for pic mail before you run the program the first time so it gets set up properly with your account info, so if you have not yet signed up for a pic mail account under the phone number your are using, you need to do that first, then it might be worth trying a hard reset.

Just a note if you are wondering. A hard reset will reset everything on your phone except the internal storage. It does not touch that.

I hope this helps and you get your pic mail working, it is pretty slick.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
i send messages thru the new sprint carrier pigeon service, i take a pic with my phone go down to walgreens and print it out then i get a sprint carrier pigeon to deliver the picture to the person that i am sending the picture to.

LOL!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho

thats pretty sweet, can't wait to get mine
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

yeah mine works the same way op's does all you have to do after you install the cab is to make sure you hit send and receive
Old 09-19-2008, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ret2961 is becoming a great contributor

Okay, please be gentle.

I have installed the cab over the ROM, I still only get text messages with web links, which open Opera like the (crappy) old days.

Are some of you saying you have REAL pic mail?

When I send a message, the message is staying in MY inbox (although I did confirm they go through to a Touch, which is using sMMS with no trouble).

I do not get a camera icon and I never get a picture, just a crappy old link.

What am I missing?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond