PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Phew! Thanks! I was making sure I'd put the battery in right before plugging in the charger.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
Hmmm... I think I came close to this by accident but I also think I messed something up by accident. I was on the phone last night (got the phone yesterday morning) with CS and they were giving me all the my EPST info so that I could enter it (it was all blank). She didn't get the change 0 to 1 on active profile, I did but it didn't work. BUT! I think I screwed something up, while I was doing the steps as she direted me I changed the default profile info instead of Custom Profile 1.

Can someone tell me what they got on the Default Profile? I know the user name is <MEID>@hcm.sprintpcs.com and the HA IP addresses are different. Particularly I think the AAA Shared Secret was a bunch of ASCI characters...

Can anyone browse into their EPST settings and tell me what they got in there?
Default Profile from another device prolly wont do you any good (as its specific to the device) - as you noticed the user name is the device identifier (ESN or MEID) and the password is prolly a 32 digit hex value that shows/showed as special charactors in EPST. The only way I know to successfully write this value is thru QPST. To read this value, based on past experiences with PPCs, you will need a program like QXDM or CDMA Workshop. Note that you would also need an MFG bootloader. Now the technology used (to update the device over the air) from previous PPCs like the 6700,6800, and 6900 is a little different - but one would think that they are similar in some aspects. 1 notable difference is the fact that with the diamond it will completely program the device (MDN, MSID, NAI, etc) where as the older PPCs would only update the data profile in the EPST settings (would NOT update MDN, MSID, etc) - At this point i think your best bet would be to modify m.ip profile 1 to the correct values. As far as the PHA and SHA, if you should need to edit them, you can use ##778# to access m.ip profile 1 and actually be able to edit them. (MSL required of course) - once you've established profile 1 as enabled it should connect to data using that profile and if programmed correctly (and provisioned correctly on sprint's side) then it should work.

*edit* you could also try a hard reset and let customizations run, just to see if that reset the EPST settings...

Last edited by puff; 10-09-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
Hmmm... I think I came close to this by accident but I also think I messed something up by accident. I was on the phone last night (got the phone yesterday morning) with CS and they were giving me all the my EPST info so that I could enter it (it was all blank). She didn't get the change 0 to 1 on active profile, I did but it didn't work. BUT! I think I screwed something up, while I was doing the steps as she direted me I changed the default profile info instead of Custom Profile 1.

Can someone tell me what they got on the Default Profile? I know the user name is <MEID>@hcm.sprintpcs.com and the HA IP addresses are different. Particularly I think the AAA Shared Secret was a bunch of ASCI characters...

Can anyone browse into their EPST settings and tell me what they got in there?
Those settings your read me match profile 0. Yes, the AAA Shared Secret should be a bunch of Ascii or HEX (can be converted back and forth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wuzzy View Post
Yeah my internet won't work.
I turned on the phone, let customizations run, and then activated it.
Then I flashed to Juicy's 2.4.
After that, I tried the method on the first page, but it still won't work.
I would suggest doing a ##RTN# Reset of the device. That will take it back to day one, let HFA run and then go back to Juicy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
HELP,
Just burned my first ROM ever on my first smart phone and can't get internet to work either. Some things I have issues with:

1. Hard reset, per page 83 of the owners manual, it doesn't work. How does anybody hard reset after installing Juicys latest ROM?

2. Try Start/Settings/System tab and click Update Profile is something I CAN"T DO. There is no UPDATE PROFILE under Start/Settings/System tab...HELP

Thanks!
There are two ways to do a hard reset. Turn phone off, hold volume down, center ok button and turn on. Then press Volume up.

Or, go to dial pad, dial ##RTN# (##786#) and enter the MSL of the phone to reset the phone.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

not sure what changed in the last day or so but now when I tether (using pdanet 2) it "connects" but I can't open a page in firefox at all. it only gives connection errors in the browser when I do this.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
not sure what changed in the last day or so but now when I tether (using pdanet 2) it "connects" but I can't open a page in firefox at all. it only gives connection errors in the browser when I do this.
not 100% sure it will work, but try the fix i sent you via PM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
not 100% sure it will work, but try the fix i sent you via PM
whatever the problem was it's back to normal now. thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

surferpr is a n00b
Talking Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Alright ppl after trying everything I could find including all the helpful advice I found here my diamond was still internet less any who this is what finally worked for me. I updated the prl from 60613 to 60614 check the forum its everywhere, entered prl update dialing ##prl# (##775#) after a soft reset whent to ##778# then data parameters where it says Rev. A change to disabled (I know, I know be patient) after this soft reset I had internet working, make sure to also have the mobile profile set to 1. Afterwards go to update profile (should work) then you can go back to ##778# and re-enable the Rev. A. My internet is now working like a charm! and it only took almost 3 weeks of tweaking and splitting hairs with sprint. BTW they know crap about this phone even one advanced tech told me to look for IOTA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok guys.. my data connection still doesn't work..i have tried all the solutions in this thread and also others that i have found... so i have been playing around with the data code values and think i almost have another solution.. could someone with working internet do the ##778# (click edit and enter msl.. if you just click view some things don't show up) and post or pm a screenshot or picture of the following view info tabs: M.IP Settings, the M.IP Default Profile, and the M.IP Customer Profile1? thanks.. i will post my findings if i figure it out...thanks in advance!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
whatever the problem was it's back to normal now. thanks
ok apparently i spoke too soon?!? i'm right back where i was before now where it wont tether to my laptop. i thought all was well but now i guess not... i have no clue what is causing this!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

I GOT IT!... ok, so finally i think i figured it out.. i was one of the people who could not get it to work after trying all of the methods on the first post, so this is how i did it... i tried hard reseting = didn't help.. i tried messing with the ##3282# and ##778# codes and values and nothing helped.. so i noticed that after the hard resets the values i put in were still there, showing that a hard reset doesn't do anything... so then i tried the ##RTN# reset and found that it changed back the original files, but it still didn't fix my internet.. so finally i flashed over to the stock sprint rom(found in upgrades forums) and then did the ##RTN# update again..so basically here is what you should do:

Alternate Internet Fix (if nothing else helps):
1) Backup all data (contacts, etc) using a program like PIMBackup or something like that.
2) Flash back to the stock Sprint rom (in upgrade forums)
3) Do the ##RTN# (##786#) and enter your MSL.. then go to menu and reset.. hit ok and then ok again to reset the device.
*** just so you know this reset will keep your internal storage.. nothing on that directory will get deleted***
4) Let the stock sprint custimizations run.. after they are finished your phone should automatically soft reset and then your done!

ps.. if your data still isn't working make sure your active profile is set to 1 (##3282# menu)
NOTE: i didn't have to do this so you should'nt have to.. but just in case i think it's a good idea

so this is what worked for me after nothing else does.. for those of you who still can't get your data to work try this and let me know if it helps..

Thanks guys for sharing and helping..

Last edited by ecker2008; 10-14-2008 at 11:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond