PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Internet not working? Possible Fixes!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37642)

Wideawake 09-17-2008 04:40 PM

Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

First off I spent an hour on the phone with tech support for them to tell me to try a IOTA in settings like on the mogul/touch but this did not work, so they told me they would have to call me back. This frustrated me so I decided to see if I could figure out what it was. Not saying this will work for all of you, but it did for me and now Im browsing with my new HTC Diamond!! Thanks to Rainfreak we have the most common issue with data services fixed!! If that doesn't work try the Update Profile option.
~mike

Most common fix for no internet!!! Thanks Rainfreak

1. Dial ##3282#
2. Click Edit and enter your MSL. (Call sprint for your MSL)
3. Tap & Highlight Active Profile.
4. Click Menu then Edit.
5. Change value to 1 then Ok, Ok again.
6. Click Yes to update the items then Ok to reset.

and/or

Try Start/Settings/System tab and click Update Profile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 420692)
I got it working! I flashed the stock Sprint rom (thanks for the dump!) and after checking EPST settings, the profile was set to 0, but everything else was correct. So I changed that to 1 and after a soft-reset it works. Oh yeah baby!

:headbang:

UPDATE:: Can people with internet not working please post if they were able to activate online or not. I want to check a theory i have that mabey the issue is the esn's are not all logged into the online system and when the device is activate its not properly flagging the Hand Free to the device.....EDITED by PZZTGOTBAGZ

Justin311 09-17-2008 04:43 PM

Re: Internet not working? Possible Fix!!

Mine says "no profile update avail" :(

Wideawake 09-17-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin311 (Post 420583)

You try this after power cycling? If not give that a shot! Keep me updated.
~mike

rainfreak 09-17-2008 04:45 PM

Yeah, I tried that almost right away and it was no good for me... I wish I could get this damn Diamond working.

Thanks anyway Wideawake.

rainfreak 09-17-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

That's what mine says too...

Wideawake 09-17-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 420590)
That's what mine says too...

Very strange.....what plans u guys got? Thought I would post since it worked for me. :D Sorry guys.
~mike

rainfreak 09-17-2008 04:49 PM

I have the Simply Everything plan. Though now it is Simply Everything But Internet.

But again, thanks for posting. This may help others who are similarly frustrated.

Justin311 09-17-2008 05:02 PM

Same problem after a power cycle...."no profiled update avail"... :( Guess I have to call sprint :(

rainfreak 09-17-2008 05:15 PM

I already called Sprint.. was told the best that they can do is send me another one. But wait, it gets better... I was told not to count on it before Monday or Tuesday of next week.

:protest:

rainfreak 09-17-2008 05:41 PM

I got it working! I flashed the stock Sprint rom (thanks for the dump!) and after checking EPST settings, the profile was set to 0, but everything else was correct. So I changed that to 1 and after a soft-reset it works. Oh yeah baby!

:headbang: