PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond Reviews

Does the screen cover up some of the input boxes on the screen, like the touch does? Like, if you were inputing username, and password on a website. Where you have to keep opening, and closing the keyboard to see what you have typed. Or has HTC come up with a way around this problem? If this makes any d%mn sense.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
Does the screen cover up some of the input boxes on the screen, like the touch does? Like, if you were inputing username, and password on a website. Where you have to keep opening, and closing the keyboard to see what you have typed. Or has HTC come up with a way around this problem? If this makes any d%mn sense.
you mean like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post

Old 09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
you mean like this?
my screen shots w00t!

and yess it does. its a lil annoying but its tolerable

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

uuummmk is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
my screen shots w00t!

and yess it does. its a lil annoying but its tolerable
How did you get text messaging to work in landscape mode? I heard it doesn't switch to landscape and gsen doesn't work for telus????
Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuummmk View Post
How did you get text messaging to work in landscape mode? I heard it doesn't switch to landscape and gsen doesn't work for telus????
How about simply rotating the screen the 'old' way? For instance, on my Titan I assigned a hardware button for rotating the screen. You can probably do something similar on the Diamond (though maybe not a hardware button)...

Although, are you sure gsen doesn't work on Telus - that doesn't make much sense?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
How about simply rotating the screen the 'old' way? For instance, on my Titan I assigned a hardware button for rotating the screen. You can probably do something similar on the Diamond (though maybe not a hardware button)...

Although, are you sure gsen doesn't work on Telus - that doesn't make much sense?
There is a serious lack of hardware buttons on the Diamond. I am going to have to see if I can configure the left arrow button on the botton using Double Launcher. The missing buttons may kill the device more than the lack of a keyboard. Also the inability to expand beyond 4 GB is another issue, now that the Touch HD will have a memory slot.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Everyone who thinks that having no keyboard is an issue must first try SPB Full Screen Keyboard. It will put your device in landscape mode, give a little window on the top to see what you are typing, and the rest of the screen is your keyboard. Make sure to go into the seetings and set it up to be used with your favorite portrait keyboard. What it does is put a little keyboard on the top left corner of your portrait keyboard and all you need to do is push it and it will throw you into full screen landscape mode. This is a must have for any serious typing!!!

Also a must is to go into the settings menu of the task manager button on the top right corner. Click it and you will see an icon for settings. Go in and make sure to change the x button to close out the program and not minimize it!

By the way, I think HTC finally got the scrolling thing right. It doesn't scroll at speeds faster then light anymore....

Last edited by eman; 09-18-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work
Diamond exceeds my expectation

I am sure Instinct failed miserably to meet all ad/hype.
what about diamond? I've been using Diamond and here is my thoughts:
Overall, Diamond meet and exceed my expectation, which can be low due to Instinct disappointment.
Here is the list of key features with most importance listed first:
1) Phone: it works as a phone with all phone features. No complain

2) Signal: it is not better or worse than my samsung A920. sometime it is better, other time it is worse. No complain here

3) Battery: it drains fast due to all features. but it will improves after burn-in period. I don't have specific number but I have no complain.

4) Internet: this is the most important (beside basic phone) feature and HTC hit home run with its Opera browser. I tried a few full-blown sites and it worked great. YouTube is a plus and makes internet more user-friendly.

5) Tethering: it works! it works without installing any driver on PC. The speed I got from 600mbps to 1400mbps, depend on location/signal.

6) Mail: wow, what can I say? I like to check mail more often now since it is easy and convenient, any where and anytime (with signal of course). Overall, mail work great.

7) GPS: no comment since I did not use it yet. still waiting for ROM 2.

8 ) Media: Music and Photo works fine but not great and need improvement. hopefully ROM 2 will improve these areas.

9 ) Performance: Like any PC from Dell or HP, out of the box it is lagging with all sprint floating wares. However, with a few registry tweaks, some cleanup/removal, it works OK now. Moreover, once Juicy ROM is finalized, I am sure it will make Diamond a much better phone. can't wait for ROM 2. Like Dell/HP PC, formating and install clean OS is the best way to boost performance.

10) Customization: this is where Window Mobile excels. I can add/remove many available applications, edit registry, or flash new customized ROM. all of these tweak your Diamond specifically to your personal tastes.

11) Camera: though without flash, it is much better than my samsung A920. No complain here. the pic quality meet mys expectation of a smalll phone.

12) Form Factor: wow, it is small. it is smaller than my Samsung 920. Comparing to iphone or the new HTC Touch HD, it is much smaller. though with less usable screen size, it is very portable and fit into your pocket/purse nicely. plus, smaller screen size help battery last longer. though the red back is less desirable, front is stylish.

13) Buttons: Home, phone, back buttons work great and very usable. Initially I though the touch wheel is very litte of use and takes too much real estate. Why did HTC include this big wheel? why not like iphone or HTC Touch HD? However, after installing tweak, I can use touch wheel to navigate many things, not just web zoom, such as calendar, History, contacts, File/Internet Explorer. BIG PLUS: I can browse the web and zoom in/out with one hand and one finger. iphone needs two hands and two fingers for zooming. Overall, touch wheel is unique and has its advantages.

What do you think of your Diamond?

Last edited by foxnews; 09-20-2008 at 02:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

exi is just getting started

Quote:
you mean like this?
I remember my Touch, when using the 6.1 ROM, snapping to the bottom of text messages / adjusting so that you could see what was going on when responding to text messages.

Shouldn't the Diamond be doing this, too?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
you mean like this?

Yep, that's what I was talking about.