PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Diamond Reviews

This thread is for reviews of the Diamond. Let's not let this turn into a discussion about your experience ordering it or any problems with shipping...this is purely a "review of the product" thread.

Tell us the pros, cons, and post up some pics and screen shots.

late,
Coz
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Diamond Reviews

Come on Telus users, you've had this thing long enough to at least write SOME reviews.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
Come on Telus users, you've had this thing long enough to at least write SOME reviews.
The phone is sweet. even better with the Telus crap removed and rom customizations. GPS kicks arse, nice and fast on a custom rom and tweaked. cannot find any known issues with it yet. its windows mobile so expect something funny to happen on occasion.
oh and according to my telus insider she said the HTC rep stated that the end call hardware button can cause a device freez that makes the device appear to be asleep. but it does not hang up. this has been reported to monkey with some bills but telus is reversing the charges because its a known issue thats being addressed.

Wanted to ad that touch flow could use some gestures. and the responsiveness to your figure movement can be a little bit erratic

/ Review

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-04-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here was my mini-review (aka Touch/Touch Diamond comparison) posted over at Howard Forums

Benefits of the Diamond...
1) The Diamond is no more "complicated" than the Touch. If anything, they've moved some of the settings and stuff up to the "Touch" interface, as opposed to having to go into the Windows Mobile windows.

2) Both the units have the Windows Mobile 6.1 as the underlying OS, so you have similar base functionality.

3) The screen on the Diamond is a HUGE improvement over the Touch. I just had to use my Touch recently, and it's a joke compared to the Diamond. I've really noticed it when reading text.

4) The Diamond has WiFi built in, which is nice if you have that available at home or at the office.

5) The light sensor is a plus for me... I find that I turned down the backlight at night on my Touch, and then if I tried to use the unit the next day in the light, it would be impossible to see to do anything. The Diamond automatically cranks up the brightness in situations like that. However, I think the screen is only marginally better in sunlight, although I haven't done a direct comparision.

6) The Diamond has an option, when you connect to a PC, to operate in "Disk Mode", which should be faster than ActiveSync for copying files. Seemed to be when I tested it, although I haven't tried again lately.

For some of the downsides of the Diamond vs Touch...
1) I don't think the battery life is as long, but it's still early. More screen real-estate (in pixels), additional sensors to monitor all the time (light and accelerometer), and whatever else all seem to take their toll.

2) No microSD slot on the Diamond. It's got 4GB built in, but that's it, and it's not removable.

3) Glossy surfaces attract fingerprints. That extends to the button area on the bottom. The Touch didn't have that issue to the same degree.

Clint
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HCT Diamond

mark62140 is a n00b

I thought the Diamond had a FM radio?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

i think thats the GSM version only. i have a I CDMA diamond and no radio
Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it.
No worries. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to post them.

Clint
Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
No worries. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to post them.

Clint
agreed ill try to answer the best i can.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Let's try to keep this to actual, hands-on reviews of the device...please and thank you.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond