PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Desire
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

heavymetalmage is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: USCC Desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
rooted the phone with the beta unrevoked, used i think it was called system manager off the android market to browse to the system/apps folder and deleted that crap off. I've been texting and using hte phone ALOT today and my battery has hardly moved compared to before where it'd be at half by now. I swear that ciy id crap is sucking the battery.
You can save even more battery by underclocking. Download overclockwidget from the market and put the widget up. Then going into the settings and check screen off use different frequencies and set them to the min (the lowest) max (the second lowest.) Works great for battery life.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

City ID
Tone Room Deluxe
Your Navigator
My Contacts Backup
Myspace

....and a few others all gone!

I used titanium backup to get rid of them. I couldn't figure out how to do it from shell. I would prefer to use a terminal for things like this as installing a bunch of different apps to do various actives a simple shell command can do is pointless to me. Speaking of that, what terminal are you guys currently using (or have used) and what are your thoughts of them? I'm currently using terminal emulator but I am getting annoyed with not being able to cycle through previous commands.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: uscellular

swampthing is a n00b

super manager was the program i used to uninstall stuff.

Forgot about navigator, thats' going now.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

root explorer is the shiznit. just got to /system/app/ folder and you'll see all the apps. just delete the file or rename the file extension or move to a diferent folder, and they will no longer be in android. I suggest just renaming the file extension or moving to a different folder incase you want it back at a later date. Warning: Doing this to some apps may cause problems if they are needed for android to run properly.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
root explorer is the shiznit. just got to /system/app/ folder and you'll see all the apps. just delete the file or rename the file extension or move to a diferent folder, and they will no longer be in android. I suggest just renaming the file extension or moving to a different folder incase you want it back at a later date. Warning: Doing this to some apps may cause problems if they are needed for android to run properly.
Hmm..didn't realize apps could be "disabled" like that.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Does anyone know where I can get an index of shell commands for Android? Some things appear to be different from what I'm used to. I have seen a couple threads around but nothing seems to be anywhere near complete.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenemaker View Post
Hmm..didn't realize apps could be "disabled" like that.
I'm just now starting to learn android for the first time so i'm coming across all kinds of good info in my quests for knowledge. lol
Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenemaker View Post
Does anyone know where I can get an index of shell commands for Android? Some things appear to be different from what I'm used to. I have seen a couple threads around but nothing seems to be anywhere near complete.
is this what you're lookin for?http://developer.android.com/guide/d...tools/adb.html
Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mschmitt01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymetalmage View Post
I did. It worked great. It should be re-released soon as they are doing some final testing right now.
Feel like sharing with the rest of us? We don't run the EVO so the issue shouldn't affect us. I want to get rooted before Monday! Help!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour 9630

Sophos is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Sophos Send a message via MSN to Sophos Send a message via Yahoo to Sophos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmitt01 View Post
Feel like sharing with the rest of us? We don't run the EVO so the issue shouldn't affect us. I want to get rooted before Monday! Help!
Check your PMs.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Desire